Impeding recession? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Impeding recession?

all of mine are in the red too, except for 2.. "Sienna Senior Living" - it used to be called Leisureworld. Symbol SIA... it's doing pretty good and pays almost 5.7% annually in dividends. They own nursing homes.

The other one is WB, Whistler Blackcomb, they run the ski resorts of course... it pays 4.75% roughly. They are holding steady through all this ******** though. Good luck everybody. :)

I think climate, rather than recession is what will do Whistler in at some point. Invest in Whistler Banana Farms Inc instead...get in on the ground floor!

I think climate, rather than recession is what will do Whistler in at some point. Invest in Whistler Banana Farms Inc instead...get in on the ground floor!

Now there's an out of the box thinker!

Hahaha, very true. :D I don't know how long it will last but if we get a winter with no snow I will be sure to dump it before the quarterly earnings come out.

I have a company that does content production and post production. When the $ was at par we couldn't get work. Even from within Canada. The CBC were one of our biggest customers and they just shipped everything off to the US.

Since the beginning of this year we added 20 positions and our partner that makes encoders and VXF software is already up 30% this year over last.

I miss ordering stuff from the US but a friend of mine who runs a local dealership has seen a big increase in brick and mortar sales.

There are a great many positives to a lower CDN $, unless you shop in the US

I have a company that does content production and post production. When the $ was at par we couldn't get work. Even from within Canada. The CBC were one of our biggest customers and they just shipped everything off to the US.

I just started my own production company this year and am about to sign a branded content deal with a large American brand. They get an instant savings due to the exchange rate and I get a client who isn't haggling for cut rate prices. Win Win.

The lower dollar is good for content production up here. It just sucks when I need to order gear from the states.

Now you guys know how Mexico feels! I'm working something out with an American company coming to Canada. I have to pay fees in 'Murican and it sucks because my cost to entry has exploded.

Since the beginning of this year we added 20 positions and our partner that makes encoders and VXF software is already up 30% this year over last.

I miss ordering stuff from the US but a friend of mine who runs a local dealership has seen a big increase in brick and mortar sales.

There are a great many positives to a lower CDN $, unless you shop in the US

I just started my own production company this year and am about to sign a branded content deal with a large American brand. They get an instant savings due to the exchange rate and I get a client who isn't haggling for cut rate prices. Win Win.

The lower dollar is good for content production up here. It just sucks when I need to order gear from the states.

Back
Top Bottom