Impeding recession? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Impeding recession?

I'm pretty sure the Euro will take a bit of a kicking if Greece gets the boot, it's already down because of general fears on the issue. Nervousness about Spain and Portugal defaulting won't help either no matter how misplaced the thoughts. It might only last a few weeks or so but that's enough to put in an order for some Italian or German riding gear :)
Grrrrrrr....why did i have to buy a Spanish bike? Ossa/GasGas is bankrupt.

Grrrrrrr....why did i have to buy a Spanish bike? Ossa/GasGas is bankrupt.

sorry if you missed this one coming, its been sliding toward the cliff for well over a year. Should have bought a Bultaco.....oh never mind.....

But it is an excellent time to vacation in Spain, week long packages to Madrid flt/hotel for little more than DR or Cuba. Barcelona is still premium but Portugal is also real value right now.

Until The Greeks get a handle on Greece , nobody can help them. I was there for the massive taxi strikes, shutting down all expressways. When tourism is most of the GNP you should make tourists not want to be there. The number of Federal employees (doing not) is staggering. Uncle gets a job and hires the whole family to staff his office.

sorry if you missed this one coming, its been sliding toward the cliff for well over a year. Should have bought a Bultaco.....oh never mind.....

But it is an excellent time to vacation in Spain, week long packages to Madrid flt/hotel for little more than DR or Cuba. Barcelona is still premium but Portugal is also real value right now.

Until The Greeks get a handle on Greece , nobody can help them. I was there for the massive taxi strikes, shutting down all expressways. When tourism is most of the GNP you should make tourists not want to be there. The number of Federal employees (doing not) is staggering. Uncle gets a job and hires the whole family to staff his office.

Flying to Spain has a glitch in getting the plane fueled. It seems that the present employees of the company that has lost the contract now want job security and are doing a "sick in".

The new company will offer them jobs but at near minimum wages. Not sure if I like that either, a brain dead zombie refueling something that doesn't stay up on its own.

There will be no bottom on the Canadian dollar when Quebec and Ontario fail along with dozens of larger municipalities and the BOC prints billions to bail them out. Which will be a good thing because that will be preceded by a housing crash. The relief of knowing that you can pay off your million $ mortgage with toilet paper will probably save the health care system from being run over with attempted suicides, heart attacks and general economy induced rage beatings.

That's bleak. But anyone that didn't see another dip coming is blind. In my industry, the amount of movement is crazy right now with acquisitions, failures, etc.

Which will be a good thing because that will be preceded by a housing crash.

Crash will never happen! My bank and realtor both told me I need to buy NOW because it's only going up...are they lying?

Crash will never happen! My bank and realtor both told me I need to buy NOW because it's only going up...are they lying?

Maybe, maybe not. But their income depends on you buying, so....

The bubble has been a "bubble" for 5 yrs now, and new records keep getting set. At least real estate is real, funds and companies come and go. Just be leveraged to the point you can keep it all afloat on minimum revenue streams. If you have property and tenants cant pay you to pay the bank its a problem. Interest rates are TOO tempting to overextend , yeah 4,600sqft newmarket , I'm looking your way.

I'm invested in property, but if nobody pays me I can still keep it afloat.

Oil is about to crap the bed again, EU is going to tailspin for a while and CDN's have more personal debt than ever. There is a wall coming, some will hit it hard. And others will make a fortune.

If Iran gets to peddle cheap oil to everyone after being patted on the head I can see the CDN $ going down some more. It's still .76 though and has been for a little while now.

Hope it drops to 60 cents. I have a crap ton of USD I need to convert soon. ever cent drop = thousands more

Of course everybody has a relative number to "crap ton" ... I myself was too much of a chicken to convert more of my money to USD when it was over $1, but I did do enough to fund vacations for my family for the next several years. I do sometimes consider converting money back but.... what I do instead is sell it to myself from non-investment money. So I will quote $1000 from the bank's site, and then transfer that much from my regular chequing account into my Waterhouse account, and the USD from my waterhouse into my & wife's USD Chequing account. That way at least the bank only burns me on the conversion once.

I can imagine. However, working for a manufacturer our price is very attractive to US and European customers at the moment.

I'm in the same boat at work, my US sales on quoted business was pulling a 28% bonus on the exchange, Yankee Jim is getting sharper and asking how the exchange should affect his purchase price. That's fair. As a hedge I have some US customers insist I bill them in US ..... OK if you insist :)

My personal fun money is taking a beating, the carryng costs on the AZ and FLA house have gone out 25% in three yrs.

All of my Canadian stocks are now in the red lol

油井緋色;2330578 said:
All of my Canadian stocks are now in the red lol

So time to start up buying stocks!? I need to revisit that stock thread for hot stock picks.

So time to start up buying stocks!? I need to revisit that stock thread for hot stock picks.

Any company that survives depression/recessions will always shoot up in worth once recovered.

.........the key is that they have to survive though lol

all of mine are in the red too, except for 2.. "Sienna Senior Living" - it used to be called Leisureworld. Symbol SIA... it's doing pretty good and pays almost 5.7% annually in dividends. They own nursing homes.

The other one is WB, Whistler Blackcomb, they run the ski resorts of course... it pays 4.75% roughly. They are holding steady through all this ******** though. Good luck everybody. :)

Back
Top Bottom