Revzilla - make sure you're shipping USPS | GTAMotorcycle.com

Revzilla - make sure you're shipping USPS

toyopl

Just a heads up for anyone like me that wants to order from Revzilla.
Did my first order with them and picked USPS $51 to ship, 2 days later I'm getting UPS tracking.
On a $511 order I had to pay $143 to ups for taxes/duty/brokerage

I contacted Revzilla and they said they shipped UPS cuz system told them it would be faster.
They gave me $50 credit for their mistake and said to call in to place an order next time so this won't happen again.

At least they picked up a chunk of the costs. A lot of Mericans just don't realize how we get shafted up here.

As if it's their first time shipping to Canada.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revzilla is one of those places that unless something was on a huge sale I find to be not worth the hassle. Gp usually has just as good of pricing and no ups. That said anywhere over the border I've ordered from I've always called to confirm the order went through properly and that it's being shipped with anything but the crooks at ups.

^^ Agreed, only use Revzilla when I've exhausted all other options.

Canadasmotorcycle followed by eBay and GP.

UPS charges 12 % for brokerage. Never use UPS.

and it's pronounced "ooops" which is why revzilla doesn't ship some items to Canada at all.

When buying from Revzilla, use a reshipper like MyUS and have them use Fedex Economy.

Live and learn, ordered from them cuz I couldn't find helmet with specific graphic in my size in Can in stock.
I have around 50 or more packages coming to my house every year and first time I got shipping by different carrier than I paid and chose for.
Will be shopping with Revzilla when I go to US to pickup my packages, shipping to Canada might not be the best choice with them.

I found GPbikes to be cheaper than going to the usa route for most things once you factor in exchange rate, shipping, duties, etc.,

I made a big order from Revzilla last year (around $1100) and had the same problem. The rep thought he was doing me a favour by upgrading my order to UPS shipping (fair enough). They covered the brokerage and duty but said the taxes would've been the same on a USPS order (fair enough also).

Just tell em to send the package back, do not accept. No harm done

At least they picked up a chunk of the costs. A lot of Mericans just don't realize how we get shafted up here.

+1 kabillion

Just tell em to send the package back, do not accept. No harm done

Only do this as a Captain Ahab move... UPS will just bill the sender for both ways and it generally results in a livid phone call. Of course, if all bridges are already burned...

Never had Revzilla ship by UPS. They put lower value on the box on my shipments without asking, and that helps if you have to pay taxes on USPS shipments. They will not ship Revit to Canada due to manufacturer restrictions.

Just call UPS and fight this charge. They cannot charge&do brokerage without your consent. I returned most of brokerage from them.

Just call UPS and fight this charge. They cannot charge&do brokerage without your consent. I returned most of brokerage from them.

So yea for those that don't know you can call UPS(or any us shipper that over charges on brokerage fees) and tell them you will self clear it (they will tell you that its not possible the first time you call but keep pushing them). They will then provide you a waybill and invoice and hold the parcel. You can take these documents to your local customs office and fill in a b15 form pay your import duty and take a stamped copy of your proof of payment and fax it to UPS (or what ever shipper) and they should release the parcel to Ya.

But i don't think UPS will lower their own brokerage fee just cause you call..but who knows.

http://www.cbiusa.com/

Your shipping solution (albeit border crossing and influence required).

yep, I'm picking up parts and stuff this week actually. I used them in the Winter for a trunk liner for the SUV. The dealership price in Canada was $130+
I got mine for $50 shipped for free from a Florida dealership. Picked it up when I was down there skiing over the Winter.

So yea for those that don't know you can call UPS(or any us shipper that over charges on brokerage fees) and tell them you will self clear it (they will tell you that its not possible the first time you call but keep pushing them). They will then provide you a waybill and invoice and hold the parcel. You can take these documents to your local customs office and fill in a b15 form pay your import duty and take a stamped copy of your proof of payment and fax it to UPS (or what ever shipper) and they should release the parcel to Ya.

But i don't think UPS will lower their own brokerage fee just cause you call..but who knows.

Brokerage gouging is how they make their money, they will never stop stealing from us that way.....They have even done things like this to me in the past, shipment of 2 boxs, instead of putting 1of2 and 2of2 they make it 2 seperate shipments so they can charge me $80 brokerage for each box! They think they got the best of me there but I also have ways around their stealing, even after the fact I have denied to pay, had them hold it at the depot and clear it myself

USPS/Canada post is the only way to go, flat fate brokerage of $5 for small packages and 10$ for larger...Simple and reasonable

This is good to know. I am waiting for a shipping quote but think I'll just cross the border.

Back
Top Bottom