What's it worth? 2010 650 Vstrom with 62k km on it | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's it worth? 2010 650 Vstrom with 62k km on it

Re: $5100 - 2010 650 Vstrom with 62k km on it

Heavenly hash is where it's at....

Prarlines and cream is where it's at folks. The rest is for losers!!!!

Lol. Love gtam

psssst in stock at thr Forks....I pre-ordered :D

Nice out to much traffic tho

I'm looking to take the little lady out tomorrow. Won't be until after lunch but, maybe I'll stop in and see who is about

Those are fighting words, but I guess I'd be okay with some butterscotch nipples. :lmao:

Mmmm! Butterscotch nipples...

See how ice cream makes everything better?

Hehe - it was and is about my Wee/Burgman decision - now I'm on the hunt for a high mileage but maintained Wee. as I sold the farkled one.

Figure someone might be moving up to the spoked Adventure and want to sell without farkles.
With a $300 July to Feb insurance cost having the two machines appeals.

Good day for ice cream....see you at the Forks.

No more noodling

2010 White with Suzuki side bags and top box. Holeshot Corbin seat (original supplied), new rear pilot 3 tire, front forks have gold valves and race tech front springs, GPS mount, moose racing front screen (original supplied) chin spoiler, fork brace, KTM Superduke Mirrors, new x ring chain and both sprockets end of last season, new brake pads brake fluid and engine ice coolant, All balls wheels bearings fitted by edge Bradford last season, valves just checked all in spec, all maintenance done ahead of schedule from 2010 when I purchased from new no expense spared this is my baby The bike has covered 89000kms since I bought it new in 2010 and still runs like new, it has never missed a beat in 5 years. Most Kms are commuting and touring, sad to sell but new bike beckons. This bike is a lot of fun to ride and runs great, uses no oil no rattles bangs or knocks gear shift is sweet as ever, compression check done all well within spec

$_27.JPG

Nice machine - more road oriented...matches the Burgman too :D

Have my ice cream cake and eat it too :D

Last edited:

for EVAH !!!!!!

Why I wasn't worried about 93,000 km on the Vstrom I just bought...and these are MILES!!!!!

377,300 mile K3 DL1000 writeup
On my recent 6600 mile trip from Atlanta to Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Labrador and Quebec the odometer passed the 377,000 mile mark, thus it is time for the writeup on how the bike is performing since the last 350K mile write up in Dec 2014.

Since the 100K mile threshold and every 25K since I have posted maintenance writeups on Stromtrooper and VSRI forums. Just search using the appropriate mileage in 25K increments- '125,000', '150,000' etc for the writeup that you may be interested in reading.

The bike is performing very well these days but wear is creeping in some areas. I’m still getting at least (sometimes more) than 40 mpg and very little to no oil usage during a 7,000 mile oil change interval using Castrol 10x40 synthetic car oil and Fram oil filters that are found at your local auto store. Blackstone lab performed the last oil analysis on the 350K sample and said it looked good with no abnormal properties; even suggested that I could go to 8,000 or 9,000 mile interval oil changes. For now I’ll stay at 7,000. There has never been any metal shavings on the drain plug.

The Werks clutch basket is holding strong and still has great performance 73K since installation.

I’ve had to replace the rear axle and spacers at 358K with one from ebay as the original was starting to show wear/grooving. $17 well spent! Both front brake pads EBCHH were replaced after accumulating 42K miles (front brake calipers are stock).
I replaced the external fuel filter (last replacement 80K) and iridium spark plugs (49K).
Tires, I really like the Pirelli Scorpion Trails on the front and Michelin Anakee3 on the rear. I only get 13K from the Pirelli front but it has great feel. I’m getting 13-15K on the rear Anakee3.

A new DID 525VX chain was installed (28K) along with the third clutch pin seal due to wear/leakage. No valve checks have been performed in the last 70K. Sprockets are replaced at every other chain replacement.

I have noticed that the front brake rotors (2nd set) are wearing but are still in limits. On the fairing, the plastic is getting brittle and has cracked in a few places. The shiny black nose fairing is wearing off and is pitted and rough. All four plastic blinker supports are dried hard and have broken off, I have them rigged on with supports and zip ties. The passenger foot rest steel mount peg is wearing an oblong hole in the aluminum support bracket. The shift lever is quite worn from all of the vibration as well as the toe piece. The OEM centerstand foot tang was welded back on and just the other day the leg support was bending. I’ll have to take it off, bend it back and weld it up. The OEM Kappa tail trunk rattles around pretty good too. the bike does not look new.

All in all the bike is doing remarkably well and running good. The engine has not been opened up since it was put together in 2003, hopefully it will make 400K.

i'm having some computer issues but will post odometer pic as soon as I'm able.

Yep, reports like that one, and V-Toms, are the reason I bought a brand new Vstrom in 2013... I figured if I am going to shell out the cash for a new bike, might as well get one that will last me forever... a BIFL (buy it for life) bike.

I've got 43000km on it already, and haven't done anything but oil, filter, air filter, and tire changes -- no problems what-so-ever, no oil burnt, nothing to report. My chain hasn't stretched at all yet and hasn't needed adjustment, the sprockets look perfect. The brake pads are wearing down a bit so I will change them soon... and I'll likely replace the brake fluid at the same time. One of these days I should pull the tank and do the plugs too. I could not be happier with the Vstrom.

One of the biggest questions in a biker's life. How much should I ask for my old motorcycle.
This is a question that is full of peril and disappointment.
First step is to check Craigslist and Kijiji.
3 bikes listed around the same year and make as mine. Prices vary wildly.
The reason for the price differences? The way our minds work.
My bike is a better colour than that one, forgetting that colour is a totally subjective area.
I have added after market stuff to my bike so my bike is better. Add ons are another subjective area. You love what you've added but a buyer may not.
Mileage, maintenance and other factors all trick us into thinking our bike is better and worth more.
Meanwhile, the first thing a buyer is looking at is the price.
So how much is my old bike worth? What you can get for it.

Back
Top Bottom