What's it worth? 2010 650 Vstrom with 62k km on it | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's it worth? 2010 650 Vstrom with 62k km on it

MacDoc

Site Supporter
$5100 - 2010 650 Vstrom with 62k km on it

Sale pending - have a deposit and it's a good fit for the new owner.

••••

62,000 touring km.
I'm the second owner by a few months.

Heidenau front and back, chain and sprocket both have 14,000 km on them. Brake pads front and rear - 8500 km on them.

Dealer maintained.
Frame sliders
Fork Brace
highway pegs
Throttle lock
ABS
Bash plate
Oxford heated grips
12 volt Socket w switch
Bark busters.
Madstat windscreen
Centre stand
Saddleman Adventure seat

Just completed 3 week cross country tour without a single problem.

Just trying to get an idea of value. I have a Burgman 650 with similar mileage that I won't get as much for even tho it's more expensive new.

TIA

Last edited:
Bluebooktrader.com says:

2010 SUZUKI V Strom 650 ABS

Retail Low: $4,888.00 Retail High: $6,032.00

Has it been slammed?

Sorry, slammed means lowered.

I just recently got a Vstrom 1000, shopped around for most of the spring. Most of the the 650's that I was keeping an eye on, are still for sale for around $5700-$6300, with some upgrades. Not sure if they're just asking too much or if there's not a lot of demand for them. The bikes that sold were around the $4000-5000 range, with around 20K.

If you want to sell yours quick, then maybe keep it to the "retail low" range.

2011 is a good deal - 2005 not so much...kinda weird. Only $500 difference ????!!! and the 2005 has twice the Ks

No farkles on either afaik. No ABS on the 2005 yet ABS on the 2011....not sure what someone is smoking on the 2005.
2011 that's a pretty decent price for someone will to add goodies.
•••••

slammed as lowered??... yeah it is lowered ....have the original links and adjustable ones as well. WIth the Adventure Saddleman seat it's not far off stock seat height but less clearance tho the Heindenau add a bit. Fantastic tires.

We'll see if any bites.

Last edited:
I posted it up as negotiable- open to reasonable offers depending on how quick. My mechanic is out of safety forms but it's going in to him at 11 am for an oil change this morning so he will report any issues....I suspect there are none.
Spend a bit of time spiffing it up from the trip.

Willing to deliver within an reasonable distance.

Last edited:
Does that include the side cases?

Nevermind, just saw your ad.

Last edited:
Side cases are open to discussion :D leaving them as a closer.
Someone not touring would not likely appreciate their utility box look. ( they are fabulous for touring ).

I can't make any sense of the Wee prices ...seems all over the map.

Well a bit of have my cake and eat it too.......adding the Burgman to the Vstrom policy until Feb cost me $300 so can have both bikes on the road. Happy with that deal as I ride way into the season and usually leave for Australia in March. :D

Assuming this works out have a chance at trade for the Burgman for another Vstrom with lower Ks and cash out the Burgman.
Yeah yeah sounds weird.
But might finance the Vstrom and put the cash in the business if the Burgman sells. That's really the goal of selling one is get some cash free and it I can both and move to nice Vstrom ...hey.

Assuming this works out have a chance at trade for the Burgman for another Vstrom with lower Ks and cash out the Burgman.
Yeah yeah sounds weird.
But might finance the Vstrom and put the cash in the business if the Burgman sells. That's really the goal of selling one is get some cash free and it I can both and move to nice Vstrom ...hey.

Is there a typo in there? I did not understand what you might be doing.

If I sell both bikes...let's say $9k in my pocket.

Then finance one for $5k ( I have one in mind )

Then I put the cash back into the business and finance the replacement for two years so the business has the cashflow ( need it just now ) and $200 a month is no big deal....that's ideal.

If the Burgman does not sell - then I'm likely just to sit on it. I still like the bike. Trading in the Burgman is low probability but it's a potential if I decide I want Vstrom for the longer term. We'll see.

If the Burgman had sold first which was the original idea and how the appointments were scheduled...then I'd just keep the Vstrom I had.

But selling both and financing a third is useful even tho the tax is annoying....:(

Last edited:
If I sell both bikes...let's say $9k in my pocket.

Then finance one for $5k ( I have one in mind )

Then I put the cash back into the business and finance the replacement for two years so the business has the cashflow ( need it just now ) and $200 a month is no big deal....that's ideal.

If the Burgman does not sell - then I'm likely just to sit on it. I still like the bike. Trading in the Burgman is low probability but it's a potential if I decide I want Vstrom for the longer term. We'll see.

If the Burgman had sold first which was the original idea and how the appointments were scheduled...then I'd just keep the Vstrom I had.

But selling both and financing a third is useful even tho the tax is annoying....:(

Oh I understand now. I was under the impression that you liked the Burgman more than Vstrom, I guess that wasn't the case?

Oh I understand now. I was under the impression that you liked the Burgman more than Vstrom, I guess that wasn't the case?

Me as well...and the clutch hand was bothering you iirc?

It's always trade offs.
If you hit the Burgman forum you'll see rider after rider with two bikes nearly always taking the Burgman for the casual local rides and errands.

I may yet stick with and not unhappily at all. With the Air Canada fly and ride deal I want to put on some mileage in the Rockies ..for distance - the Wee has some advantages and can go off pavement.

Were it not for that ....I'd not even be considering it.

Both hands ache for the first 45 minutes no matter what I ride - then I'm fine.
Takes a lot of clutching before it starts aching again later in the day.

Back
Top Bottom