Fork outer tubing - help. .... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fork outer tubing - help. ....

So i had my bike looked at and they said the fork outer tubing is out of place. Is this still safe to ride? What do you suggest?

Anyways, i was suggested to replace the entire section ($1500 + labour)

Attachments

• 20150701_171010.jpg
    20150701_171010.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20150701_171002.jpg
    20150701_171002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 56
you can buy a used set of forks for 1/3 of that money. Looks like a honda?
You can verify with v-blocks, simple to make, just need a runout guage.

Last edited:
Is it leaking, or rubbing improperly? It looks scratched, but not badly damaged.

"Out of place"? I see a scuff mark. Functionally it may not be a problem at all. What are the symptoms?

Hey. Thanks for the replies. It is scuffed... i run my finger along it and it is smooth. The rubber part has separated very slightly from the fork. There is no leaking and the suspension/handling seems okay. The dealer was saying i should get it replaced cause its dangerous. ..

The rubber part is a dust shield. Push it firmly back into place with your hand. Grab the front brake, push firmly down on the forks. Do they slide up/down freely? Any sticky spots? I highly doubt if there is any danger there. If you're concerned, or if the forks stick or don't move freely, I'd PM Frekeyguy on here. He's very honest and thorough, I'm sure he'd be happy to inspect them for you.
Lastly, I think I'd stay away from whatever dealer you were dealing with... :)

First of all, insure that the inner fork tube is round and straight.
The newer generation forks have a much thinner wall than the old school stuff and as a result don't take to being straightened very well.
They also won't hold a seal - if it leaks there's not much you can do.
As has been suggested, if there's any hint of serious damage just replace it and save yourself the future hassles.

The scuff on the fork outer is likely strictly cosmetic.

I wouldn't worry till you c an oil leak

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom