Biker films himself going 140 kph over the speed limit | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker films himself going 140 kph over the speed limit

This thread's really gotten out of hand. Don't blame me.

It's ok, I got this. ;)

Actually, no I don't. Got the day off so i'm going riding!!!!!!!!!!! :p

EDITY - actually, yeah, go ahead and blame me while i'm out there. Always best to do it behind someone's back right? lol

Exactly, ti would be diasterous for the gov't to shut down some highways and make them into a one or two day "road course". The liability would be HUGE. Some foool whi "thinks" he is Rossi gets out there and hits say 8 - 10 other riders causing serious injuries and deaths. As has been pointed out in the track forum waivers mean crap and aren't worth the paper they are written on so now those who are injured all sue then the families of everyone injured or killed also sue.

If someone wants to ride at those speeds.. there ARE already tracks. There is NO such thing as one poster put it "he was being somewhat safe" at those sppeds on a public road. He may very well be a competent rider, but not every other driver is competent and it only takes a millisecond at those speeds to go VERY VERY wrong.

Pretty tough to survive a crash at 175 km/h, (given leeway for speedo error), as a rider. Sure a cage may make a slight move to make a lane change, Not actually change lanes, the rider panics and loses control), and this rider ends up dead how does the cager live with that for the rest of their life?

I actually have a floppy disk digital camera with me right now, lol.

Quite wasting time posting and make some vids man! Put tape over your speedometer so no one can complain/incriminate. :rolleyes: :p

Exactly, ti would be diasterous for the gov't to shut down some highways and make them into a one or two day "road course". The liability would be HUGE. Some foool whi "thinks" he is Rossi gets out there and hits say 8 - 10 other riders causing serious injuries and deaths. As has been pointed out in the track forum waivers mean crap and aren't worth the paper they are written on so now those who are injured all sue then the families of everyone injured or killed also sue.

In an ideal world, entry would be limited to those that have a racing license or a school vouch for them. These type of riders are, generally, not retarded and understand that if an oopsies happen to not sue everyone in sight.

DVP alone would be boring. They'd have to close off certain local roads for on ramp/off ramp exits. :D

On the bright side, at least we have a decent amount of race tracks here. Did some research on moving to Vancouver....there's nothing there but ****ing drag strips!

Isn't there some kind of car race on public roads in Newfieland?

Isn't there some kind of car race on public roads in Newfieland?

It's a timed rally and they still have to obey certain limits. Even with those restrictions, quite a few cars end up in a ditch or on someone's front lawn.

True but someone posted it as suggestion for fools like this guy in the video, Doubt he has a racing licence, nor been to school, (at least one the would vouch for him). So as you pointed out in the ideal world, the road course suggestion isn't going to "satisfy" twits like this one.

Yes there is also a "road rally" run annually in the 5 points are just outside of Bobcaygeon, on dirt fire access roads, they reach CRAZY speeds, upwards of 150 km on dirt roads at times with rocks that protrude 4 - 6", above the road surface.

油井緋色;2323433 said:
In an ideal world, entry would be limited to those that have a racing license or a school vouch for them. These type of riders are, generally, not retarded and understand that if an oopsies happen to not sue everyone in sight.

DVP alone would be boring. They'd have to close off certain local roads for on ramp/off ramp exits. :D

On the bright side, at least we have a decent amount of race tracks here. Did some research on moving to Vancouver....there's nothing there but ****ing drag strips!

Last edited:
They actually nabbed him with LIDAR @172, but then they used the Go Pro footage to realize he was going much faster and making some risky passes (which nets dangerous driving charges).
Part of his court settlement was allowing the video to be made public by police if they kept his name away from the media.

And that's why I don't now nor will I ever ride using electronic gadgets like GPS or GoPro. Why give 'em not only more evidence, but definitive evidence of speeding or whatever they're going to charge you with? Just plain dumb IMO, to use self-incrimating devices, just for the sake of using them, because they sure as hell don't enhance the riding experience. Detract from it more likely.

One solution is make more tracks. This was the concept behind the "New York Safety Track" in Harpersfield, but that immediately got out of hand and is now an on-going court battle withe residents of the area.

What we need is an "Ont-o-bahn" highway here in Ontario. The often mentioned "mid-penisula" would be great, but make it with lots of banked and high speed sweepers... no speed limits, use at own risk, no commercial traffic, no suv's or pick up trucks, eight lanes of super slab, where slower users stay the phuck right or move over to the right NOW(!) when flashed. Charge 10.00 per vehicle just to get on, doesn't matter if you do the whole highway or not. Droves of drivers and riders would *flock* to this road from a thousand miles away and more just like they now do for Deals Gap, or the BRP, etc and it would not only pay for itself, but be a very good revenue stream as well. :p

Last edited:
Twinswin: Go Pro and other such devices can come in handy if your hit. i wish I had a rea facing camera last year when I was rer ended by the other bike on mine.

I now have a GoPro hard wirded to the bike at the front, (BUT it is handlebar mounted) so it records ONLY what is in front of my bike, not that I would ever get my cruiser to 200+ km anyway. Then I have a WASP camera mounted abouve my rear fender that records what is happening behind my, Again nothing incriminating to be recorded.

Of course I am not worried about what is recorded by either camera as I don't ride like an *** wipe to begin with...lol

Whats wrong with using a GPS navigation unit?

GPS units record data, which when examined, can provide some interesting data. BUT with a GPS unit that data isn't "readily" avaialble to your road side copper. On a bike unlike a car there is, (yet anyway), a black box. If the cops really wanted to get to your data in your car they could obtain a warrant and get even more data then they would from your GPS unit.

But for a copper to want the data from your GPS you would have needed to do something REALLY REALLY bad..lol Their not going to pull GPS stored data for a simple ticket. But some, seem to hae their tin foil helmets on and think coppers are out to get us all..lol

Just plain dumb IMO, to use self-incrimating devices, just for the sake of using them, because they sure as hell don't enhance the riding experience. Detract from it more likely.

But but but..... they'll get you props from your boyz when you post on YouTube after using your mad skillz on ramps and the dvp bro! That's reward in itself right there knowwhatimsayin :rolleyes:

Quite wasting time posting and make some vids man! Put tape over your speedometer so no one can complain/incriminate. :rolleyes: :p

I'm doubtful it can do video, presuming it even still works.

I do have a Drift camera that I could use. But I ride a 125 so showing the speedo might not be an issue, lol.

Twinswin: Go Pro and other such devices can come in handy if your hit. i wish I had a rea facing camera last year when I was rer ended by the other bike on mine.

I now have a GoPro hard wirded to the bike at the front, (BUT it is handlebar mounted) so it records ONLY what is in front of my bike, not that I would ever get my cruiser to 200+ km anyway. Then I have a WASP camera mounted abouve my rear fender that records what is happening behind my, Again nothing incriminating to be recorded.

Of course I am not worried about what is recorded by either camera as I don't ride like an *** wipe to begin with...lol

Yes, I agree, GoPros can come in handy to prove who's responsible for a collison. They're all the "rage" in places like Russia for that exact reason. But, that's a double edged sword. The recorded evidence could just as easily in some cases work against you, regardless of your best intentions and safe riding habits, like running an amber light you had no chance of safely stop for, that's why I won't use one. The fewer "eye" witnesses, the better IMO. We'll all be caught out or ride "aggressively" at some point for some reason. That's riding.

Back
Top Bottom