Biker films himself going 140 kph over the speed limit | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker films himself going 140 kph over the speed limit

For everyone that is ******** on him for recording what he did; even without video evidence they would have ****ed him over anyways.

With the release of the GoPro video, he's probably cut a good deal with the police/prosecutors.

http://calgaryherald.com/storyline/...-was-handy-he-caught-the-wild-ride-on-a-gopro

The rider, a 27-year-old Lower Mainland man, was issued tickets for excessive speeding and driving without due care and attention.

The charges resulted in a $483 fine, a seven-day vehicle impoundment and three driver penalty points.

According to Delta Police acting sergeant Sarah Swallow, none of the charges were related to footage recovered from the GoPro. The tickets issued were all related to the initial traffic stop.

“He signed a release for us to use the footage,” Swallow said.

“He was very contrite and apologetic.”

+140km/hr over the limit and you get a $483 fine + 3 demerit points in BC? That would never happen in ON.

HTA S172 carries minimum $2000 + 6 demerit points and for doing +140km in a 80... prosecutors here wouldn't even bother plea-dealing and proceed directly to trial looking for maximums: $10k, 2yr license suspension, 6mth incarceration.

When people get caught with self incriminating video pointing at the speedo, do police factor in speedo error? I mean at the speeds that he is going it doesn't matter but lets say your speedo reads 150 which is HTA 172 in Ontario but the actual speed is only like 135 (GPS verified). Can they actually give a stunting charge based on this? even though you were never actually doing 150 in real life.

The circumstances would be extremely unlikely - you'd have to be pulled over for some other reason first, and then give them cause to seize your video camera. If your conviction of an HTA 172 violation hinged on a video recording of your own speedometer showing 150, it would probably be pretty easy to get it tossed.

I think Ontario should take a flat remote highway in the North, have the OPP close it, then allow 1-2 days in the summer for miracle-mile type runs to measure top speed in a controlled setting. Get it out of people's systems. Hell, even make money on it.

That'd be amazing but you'd have people like griff2 who would oppose this stuff in a heartbeat.

When people get caught with self incriminating video pointing at the speedo, do police factor in speedo error? I mean at the speeds that he is going it doesn't matter but lets say your speedo reads 150 which is HTA 172 in Ontario but the actual speed is only like 135 (GPS verified). Can they actually give a stunting charge based on this? even though you were never actually doing 150 in real life.
The answer is no.

Even when Police get speeding convictions with pacing, they have to provide the courts with evidence that their speedometer is calibrated and tested. Even give evidence to checking tire pressures, and making sure the correct OEM tires were used. Some officers even go on to provide evidence how they recently checked the vehicles speedometer with radar/lidar tests.

The essential elements to get a speeding conviction using speedometer readings is set pretty high in Ontario. Your personal speedometer cluster reading is worth poo in an Ontario Court of Justice.

油井緋色;2323219 said:
That'd be amazing but you'd have people like griff2 who would oppose this stuff in a heartbeat.

And rightfully so! Somebody could get hurt. Oh, sure, less hurt than racing in crowded traffic butt hurt none the less.

油井緋色;2323219 said:
Wouldn't it be nice to have a Isle of Mann TT like race on our freeways? Somebody somewhere could design a nice circuit, and have a street race there.

Even have locals doing free laps around it in controlled conditions.

We already shutdown parts of the Gardiner/DVP for spring cleaning, triathlons and other events.

If people insist on filming themselves breaking the law and then distributing it, well I guess they get what's coming to them

Didn't think the guy was driving that badly myself. I mean, sure he was speeding, but he was being cautious about it. Not like some of the vids I have seen where the guy splits lanes in heavy traffic at 120mph. In any case it's a big no-no to ride like this. Take it to the track.

HTA S172 carries minimum $2000 + 6 demerit points and for doing +140km in a 80... prosecutors here wouldn't even bother plea-dealing and proceed directly to trial looking for maximums: $10k, 2yr license suspension, 6mth incarceration.

it is more than just the 483. its plus impound for 7 days plus pay fee for impound fee plus costs you big on insurance for next 3 years

http://www.icbc.com/road-safety/crashes-happen/Pages/Speed.aspx

insurance driver risk penalty
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/tickets/Pages/Driver-Risk-Premium.aspx

ps. the road he was on is fun and less busy most of the time. but it is posted 80kph. freekin nuts to be going that speed on that road(200+). It the South Fraser Perimeter Road. A new and major
hwy connecting the big port (Delta Port) with the main hwy (Hwy 1) So it basically a truck route.

Last edited:
Lent my coworker my camera and got it back with video of him doing up to 247 down the 400 through traffic. I was slightly impressed by the speed but mostly thought he was insane.

Supernam said:
They make racetracks and dragstrips for a reason.

In Brampton/Peel region they're called the 410 and The Forks. :lmao:

And they're free. :D:p

And rightfully so! Somebody could get hurt. Oh, sure, less hurt than racing in crowded traffic butt hurt none the less.

And then some *** who won't take responsibility for his own actions will sue whoever organizes this.

People these days do dangerous stuff knowing it's dangerous...then look for someone else to blame when things go wrong.

Did anybody noticed the acting sergeant name? perhaps I'm just too immature...

That's kind of funny when you see it on her uni...her partner is const Spitz I hear. ;)
Sorry Im immature too.

And then some *** who won't take responsibility for his own actions will sue whoever organizes this.

People these days do dangerous stuff knowing it's dangerous...then look for someone else to blame when things go wrong.

Welcome to the 21st Century! :hello2: :p

This thread's really gotten out of hand. Don't blame me.

Back
Top Bottom