Biker films himself going 140 kph over the speed limit | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker films himself going 140 kph over the speed limit

GixxerL2

Not sure if you guys watched the news several days ago but I thought I post it here. The guy was def on a RSV4 and probably spotted by a helicopter police.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/biker-films-himself-going-140-km-hr-over-speed-limit-1.2448135

A motorcycle rider wearing a Go-Pro camera on his helmet caught more on tape than just his excessive speeding when he was pulled over by police in Delta, B.C.

The video, filmed in April, shows the rider weaving in and out of traffic on Highway 17, at some points reaching speeds of over 220 kilometres an hour – 140 kilometres an hour over the posted speed limit.

The speedometer reads 213 kilometres an hour when he is pulled over by a pair of traffic enforcement Delta Police officers.

The bike was impounded and the rider now faces several charges under the Motor Vehicle Act.

The force posted the Go-Pro footage to YouTube, noting that the rider “put himself and other road users at considerable risk.”

The driver’s name has not been released.

Can they not just crush his bike on the spot? Put it out in a traffic lane in front of a slowly-approaching logging truck while the former rider-owner is forced to watch? Maybe put his helmet out there too and say "this could have been your head"?

Can they not just crush his bike on the spot? Put it out in a traffic lane in front of a slowly-approaching logging truck while the former rider-owner is forced to watch? Maybe put his helmet out there too and say "this could have been your head"?

Great solution. They should probably have tazed him first, to make sure they got his attention.

I don't condone what he did but there are already punishments in place for these scenarios.

Why not just a summary execution at roadside who needs a justice system, police should be the judge jury and executioner right?

I finally realized that you remind me of Turbodish a little bit

That bike comes standard with abs. I'm really not seeing an issue here.

They actually nabbed him with LIDAR @172, but then they used the Go Pro footage to realize he was going much faster and making some risky passes (which nets dangerous driving charges).
Part of his court settlement was allowing the video to be made public by police if they kept his name away from the media.

One solution is make more tracks. This was the concept behind the "New York Safety Track" in Harpersfield, but that immediately got out of hand and is now an on-going court battle withe residents of the area.

what f in moron... I cannot believe how dumb people can be at self incrimination.

BB

Last edited:
Now that I watched the video I'm thinking medical emergency. Urine sample to the lab stat.

Why not just a summary execution at roadside who needs a justice system, police should be the judge jury and executioner right?

Give him a hta172.... oh wait that's only allowed here in nanny-onterrible.

Seriously though, why do people go and do stupid **** and think filming it is a good idea? I have a camera, it will never ever point at my instrumentation. I've only ever used it on the track. I see no point in making possible proof of that one time you do something stupid. More reasons why social media is ruining society. "Look guys I posted my vid on youtube of me killin it down the highway"

I would have blamed a flag for making me do it or maybe Donald Trump :rolleyes:

it will never ever point at my instrumentation.

Yeah because that's the only way to determine road speed from video footage. :rolleyes:

Yeah because that's the only way to determine road speed from video footage. :rolleyes:

Calm down. I didn't say it was but doing so is an automatic given how fast you're going. I'd be impressed if you could even find the front facing camera on my bike. Ever heard "of out of sight, out of mind" ? :rolleyes:

Give him a hta172.... oh wait that's only allowed here in nanny-onterrible.

He's in far more trouble in BC than an Ontario stunt -driving charge.
Besides, bike speedo's are typically over-estimating speeds so they need to set actual speed by internal time-space references.

But you have to wonder if the camera triggered the run. There was a club in Paris that was using videotapes in the early 2000s to see who could do the fastest lap around the Paris beltway until the French police busted all of them. That was crazy, >200 km/hr in heavy Paris traffic, some at night.

You raise a good point, cameras could be useful to protect you in case of incident, but it's also evidence that can be used against you. Stick a neodynium permanent magnet somewhere on the bike and use it to wipe the camera card if you get stopped.

I think Ontario should take a flat remote highway in the North, have the OPP close it, then allow 1-2 days in the summer for miracle-mile type runs to measure top speed in a controlled setting. Get it out of people's systems. Hell, even make money on it.

He's in far more trouble in BC than an Ontario stunt -driving charge.
Besides, bike speedo's are typically over-estimating speeds so they need to set actual speed by internal time-space references.

But you have to wonder if the camera triggered the run. There was a club in Paris that was using videotapes in the early 2000s to see who could do the fastest lap around the Paris beltway until the French police busted all of them. That was crazy, >200 km/hr in heavy Paris traffic, some at night.

You raise a good point, cameras could be useful to protect you in case of incident, but it's also evidence that can be used against you. Stick a neodynium permanent magnet somewhere on the bike and use it to wipe the camera card if you get stopped.

I think Ontario should take a flat remote highway in the North, have the OPP close it, then allow 1-2 days in the summer for miracle-mile type runs to measure top speed in a controlled setting. Get it out of people's systems. Hell, even make money on it.

Do you have a floppy disk camera or what?

That guy must have had eagle eyes to spot the cops on the road and pull over as smoothly as he did.

When people get caught with self incriminating video pointing at the speedo, do police factor in speedo error? I mean at the speeds that he is going it doesn't matter but lets say your speedo reads 150 which is HTA 172 in Ontario but the actual speed is only like 135 (GPS verified). Can they actually give a stunting charge based on this? even though you were never actually doing 150 in real life.

Back
Top Bottom