Rosey Toes for tire change? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rosey Toes for tire change?

Did anyone purchase their tires from Ted ? Just curious if his prices are good.

I've decided to go to St. Onge in Barrie instead.

Yup. Bought a rear tire for my Sportster and it was pretty much the same price as Pete’s.

It was a few years ago but, I called and asked for a price, he gave it and it was pretty much the same price, had it in stock and could install it as soon as I showed up at the shop. Didn’t bother to order a tire on line and wait.

I checked the tire date stamp and it was within a year old.

I watched the fella perform the work. It wasn’t Ted. Some other fella but he knew what he was doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience was mediocre with him. Booked at 4, didn't get touched until 5:30. Similar story the second time. Haven't been back since. Not even the lower price can make me sit there for 1.5 hours listening to him talk.

'1.5 hours listening to him talk' is one thing. But listening to the sounds of unending tire leaks not coming from any of his tires, is the real test. Not sure if the saving is worth this subtle form of abuse.

...But listening to the sounds of unending tire leaks not coming from any of his tires, is the real test. Not sure if the saving is worth this subtle form of abuse.

Not really sure what you are saying here. Can you please explain better?

Thanks,

..Tom

Not really sure what you are saying here. Can you please explain better?

Thanks,Tom

Maybe it was just on the day I was there but I have heard others making the same comment, but on that day I also lucked-out as he was "full of beans" with a non-ending stream of loud farts that could have been better used to fill my tires. While I enjoyed such stuff in middle school, it's more like abuse for me now. I was glad to get out of there. Will need a new set of tires soon and am really wondering if I should go back.

Maybe it was just on the day I was there but I have heard others making the same comment, but on that day I also lucked-out as he was "full of beans" with a non-ending stream of loud farts that could have been better used to fill my tires. While I enjoyed such stuff in middle school, it's more like abuse for me now. I was glad to get out of there. Will need a new set of tires soon and am really wondering if I should go back.

Well obviously this is not the place for you. Stay away if that's how you feel.
Visiting Ted is a walk back to 1975.
He is the lest politically correct people I know and we love him for it
When you pull up to Teds. All insults will be accepted and a few thrown back. Thats what its about.

If you dont like it. Don't go.

Ted is a jewel harkening back to days long past.
Enjoy my friend enjoy. Or walk away.
The choice is yours.

I only have 1 complaint regarding tires from Rosey Toes. Ted said my front tire was sh*t and insisted on selling me one. 3 months later I sold my motorcycle and tried to help the buyer certifiy it at Ted's and Ted said he wouldn't do it unless he changes the "garbage" front tire.... the same one he had sold me 3 months prior. I had only put about 800 km's on that tire and no abuse or curb hitting with it.

Do what I do when he does that in front of me. I give him a hard slap to the back or kick him in the butt. I love Ted Bundy but sometimes he has to smarten up.

Well obviously this is not the place for you. Stay away if that's how you feel.
Visiting Ted is a walk back to 1975.
He is the lest politically correct people I know and we love him for it
When you pull up to Teds. All insults will be accepted and a few thrown back. Thats what its about.

If you dont like it. Don't go.

Ted is a jewel harkening back to days long past.
Enjoy my friend enjoy. Or walk away.
The choice is yours.

Well said!

I wish we had a "Like" button on this version of the forum as I would certainly give one for your comment!

..Tom

one time I went to oil change and ted filed up air for my tires without checking a guage,
I later checked that supposed 36 lbs I found it was 43 lbs.

one time I went to oil change and ted filed up air for my tires without checking a guage,
I later checked that supposed 36 lbs I found it was 43 lbs.
Thats how Ted been filling up tires since 1969. No gauges and no sissy hi tech instruments but yet nobody has ever had a tire blown up in the highway after he has filled it up. Stop worrying too much. You are like my wife with her 2018 car. Everytime the low tire pressure warning light comes on she wants me to go to the gas station and filled it up. Just put black electrical tape on the display and ignore it, Jesus Christ man.

This seems to be a trend with a lot of the “old school” mechanics , guy i bought my bike had pressure 10psi too high... he also used so much soapy water to change tires that years later there was still a couple cups worth of it in the tire....

Like the restaurant business, you can
get 2 out of 3. Fast, cheap, good.

Or go with someone you trust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom