Rosey Toes for tire change? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rosey Toes for tire change?

Had tires changed at Rosey Toes Thursday. One minor scratch and I did what I normally do, I use a colour match pen to touch it up and from a foot away it's invisible. I've tried 3 places over the years and everyone one them scratched the rims at one point or another with Ted being the best and certainly the cheapest. Go at the right time and you're in and out in 20 minutes.

Ted did my tires last year, no problems great price and I was lucky - got there early and did not have to wait!

Reviving this thread. Anyone recently bought and changed tires at Rosey Toes ? Care to share the experience and prices please ..

Reviving this thread. Anyone recently bought and changed tires at Rosey Toes ? Care to share the experience and prices please ..
Got new tires mounted in the winter. He took a nice chunk of paint out of the rear, and another minor chip out of the front tire. Quick and cheap....but I wouldn't go back. I'd spend a little extra $$ and get it done by someone who takes there time and is more careful.

Got new tires mounted in the winter. He took a nice chunk of paint out of the rear, and another minor chip out of the front tire. Quick and cheap....but I wouldn't go back. I'd spend a little extra $$ and get it done by someone who takes there time and is more careful.
Darn lots of reviews saying the same thing. Will go elsewhere. Thanks!

Used Good Wheel Motors Inc for the last few changes. But haven't need to do any the last couple of years, so don't know their status.

Darn lots of reviews saying the same thing. Will go elsewhere. Thanks!

FWIW he has changed about 35 tires for me on my bikes since 2006 and several on my wife's bikes and we have never had an issue.

..Tom

I have used Ted on and off for 15 years, he hasn't scratched one of my rims yet.

There seems to be a clear split in experiences. Maybe it's Ted vs apprentices? That being said, no matter who damaged it, Ted should be making it right.

I changed my own tire recently and scratched the rim in several spots.

If you guys knew how hard it was to not scratch a rim you would forgive whoever changes your tires for putting a small scratch on it. You can use rim protectors and work very slowly and it's still unlikely you'll be able to avoid putting a scratch somewhere, especially if the tire is stubborn.

I bought a touch-up pen from canadian tire for ten bucks and touched up the scratches I made. You can still spot the slightly uneven paint but only from up close.

That's why the shops with expensive tire machines charge. The irons never touch the rim.

I changed my own tire recently and scratched the rim in several spots.

If you guys knew how hard it was to not scratch a rim you would forgive whoever changes your tires for putting a small scratch on it. You can use rim protectors and work very slowly and it's still unlikely you'll be able to avoid putting a scratch somewhere, especially if the tire is stubborn.

I bought a touch-up pen from canadian tire for ten bucks and touched up the scratches I made. You can still spot the slightly uneven paint but only from up close.

Not sure if a motorcycle tire is that much harder than a car tire, but when I put tires on my 4k car rims the machine didn't even come close to touching it (part of the reason I went there). I don't think Ted's machine has been updated in a decade. You shouldn't have to repair your property after having it worked on.

My experience was mediocre with him. Booked at 4, didn't get touched until 5:30. Similar story the second time. Haven't been back since. Not even the lower price can make me sit there for 1.5 hours listening to him talk.

Oh if they have a tire changing machine then it's a much easier job and less risk of scratches.

I thought Ted was some guy who works out of his garage with tire irons.

My experience was mediocre with him. Booked at 4, didn't get touched until 5:30. Similar story the second time. Haven't been back since. Not even the lower price can make me sit there for 1.5 hours listening to him talk.

I would pay a higher price and wait longer _just_ to hear him spin his yarns and listen to his stories. Chacun son gout...

I've been there a dozen times, he never scratched my rims and he is a bit of a character.

I was there one Saturday morning when about 15 of us were lined up for tire changes, about 30 minutes into it a gang of bikers road up, one of them had a screw in his rear tire and the leader informed us that they were on a "run" and needed their tire fixed, and was that OK with us. No one really responded to this and certainly no one, myself included to be sure, had anything to say about then cutting in line. The owner of the bike with the holed tire was wearing a "I Failed Anger Management" tee shirt and certainly looked the part of a 1 percenter. They were fully patched and a known feeder gang to a certain well known MC that will remain unnamed. About 45 minutes later they were on their merry way and Ted apologized to us all and said it was better to just fix their tire and get them on their way vs. having them wait and be very unhappy about it. I think most of us knew these guys were the real deal and no wanted any trouble with them.

Back
Top Bottom