Rosey Toes for tire change? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rosey Toes for tire change?

Garage_Guy_Chris

I built some brand new spoked wheels with chrome rims for my vintage project bike. Its time to put the tires on the wheels. Im gonna be around Rosey Toes tomorrow. Just wondering if its a good choice i really don't want them all scratched up. I ask because a search provides mixed reviews. None of them are current as in 2015, so im just wondering how things have been this season?

Don't think his process changes year over year. Cheap, quality, fast. Pick two.

I haven't had my wheels done by his shop, but I've heard and seen some of his work. I personally would spend the extra $$ elsewhere, but then again I'm anal about these things.

I haven't had my wheels done by his shop, but I've heard and seen some of his work. I personally would spend the extra $$ elsewhere, but then again I'm anal about these things.

Second

He scratched the lip on my R1 rim. Wasn't sure if he did it on purpose because I asked him to try and not scratch them.

Did my 250 tire swap there two season ago. No issue and price was right with new tires.

Went there for my safety. This shop is from another era. Pulling up to it feels like you stepped into a time warp.

I would recommend Cyclewerx @ Bloor/Keele. They were busy as hell when I dropped off a rim and tire last month - I told them I could come back the next day to pick it up, but they still did it in 90 minutes.

Since 2006 I have has 21 tires on my two V-Stroms and a few on my wife's Gladius changed at Rosey Toes and have never had a scratch an any.

..Tom

You can go to a nice place where your possession is taken away to the shop and you don't see what goes on.

Or go to Roseys and watch them do what they do. Take it or leave it.

Ted had two other fellas working there last year. A young fella, dark hair and slim. Basically doing all the tires. The other fella was older and short and doing the work on bikes while Ted was filling out paper work.

Not much different than a few back yard mechanics I've known to frequent.

Personally don't have any issues with the work I seen.

Kinda get what you pay for I suppose.

Is it going to be up to me to address the elephant in the room? Very well. How does one build a custom set of spoked wheels from scratch then stop shy of mounting the tires?

Well I took the wheels and tires over this afternoon, They weren't too busy so they got to work on them right away. It only took about 30 minutes. Rims are fine no scratches or anything. Overall turned out just fine and Im a happy customer.

The wheels aren't custom really, just rebuilt with new chrome rims and spokes and polished hubs.

I bought the tires off Canada's motorcycle. And as we all know some shops wont do them and other shops will charge extra, Some charge entirely too much... Some shops don't want anything to do with old vintage bikes. Really what it amounted to was I was dropping a friend at the airport and had a couple hours to kill after so i popped by Ted's because he is so close. Had i not done them today they would have gone to GP tomorrow. But i have my gripes with GP so i thought i would try somewhere else.

Ted had two other fellas working there last year. A young fella, dark hair and slim. Basically doing all the tires. The other fella was older and short and doing the work on bikes while Ted was filling out paper work.

I was in there last week for some work, I'd say both of those guys are still there judging by your descriptions. Younger guy did the work on my bike, nice guy to chat with, no complaints.

I have not been there for a while, but it sounds like Ted and gang are doing Ok. I like the informality of the shop and that you can see what's happening to your bike. His work has always been great for me. Did he tell any jokes?

I like the informality of the shop and that you can see what's happening to your bike. Did he tell any jokes?

This guy is starting to sound like a Canadian treasure. I wonder if he shouldn't be listed in an Ontario, yours to discover, tourist pamphlet or the like.

Me - Aight, everything looks good, now I just need the safety.
Him - Safety and a blowjob, eh?!?
Me - Sure, I'll try anything once.
Him - Haha. Nice bike you got there.

I have had Ted change at least 40 tires by now.
I think most of you don't understand how hard it is to change a tire.
Especially without scratching them. Any shop can scratch a rim when changing tires.
I change at least 20 or more tires a year myself using spoons. I know how hard it is. We even had a tire changing machine. It is still very hard not to scratch a rim. If you get a scratch, live with it.
Ted is very careful, and his equipment has protectors to minimize scratches.
He's cheap and quick. If you come with a set of rims, he usually drops what he is doing to take care of your tire change.

Go to TED.

Back
Top Bottom