Thoughts on ABS? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thoughts on ABS?

In this day and age there really is no reason why a motorcycle should a simple mechanical device. If any individual system could be made more complicated it should be. Whether, stopping accelerating, leaning/cornering or simply opening the throttle valve some sort of electromechanical helper/over rider should be used. I hope laws are put in place to make this happen, sooner rather than later.

In this day and age there really is no reason why a motorcycle should a simple mechanical device. If any individual system could be made more complicated it should be. Whether, stopping accelerating, leaning/cornering or simply opening the throttle valve some sort of electromechanical helper/over rider should be used. I hope laws are put in place to make this happen, sooner rather than later.

I feel the same way about pizza,

The Kawasaki just feels ... normal. It's unobtrusive. The lever feels normal, the brake engagement feels normal. Squeeze the lever hard (to intentionally activate ABS) and the bike just plain stops. No drama, no juddering at the lever nor in the suspension.

That's the way modern (as in, 5 years old and made by Bosch since nobody else has stepped up to the plate) ABS feels. There is a slight "mushiness" to the lever but it's barely noticable and you get used to it fast. That's the only way you will know it's there unless the ABS light flickers on the dash, which I have got it to do when I had the Ape in "mode 2 / rear lift mitigation". Don't do that at the track if you're a slightly aggressive braker.

Kawasaki is using Bosch 9Mx brakes on the XZ10R and probably others now. I don't know Kawasaki's full line-up and what they are using...

Back
Top Bottom