What kind of clothing (head/neck) | GTAMotorcycle.com

What kind of clothing (head/neck)

toyopl

Hey guys, new rider here, just rode my R3 for past two days and loving it.
Here's few questions I have that never thought about before

-What to put on your head to not get a triple mohawk when taking of helmet :) I have really short hair and I look like a member of Prodigy when I take helmet off :p
-What about neck area, it was a bit chilly tonight, around 18-20c and at higher speed my neck felt a bit cold from the wind.

That's funny, my hair is usually flatter when I wear my helmet. I want to know your secret on trying to get the mohawk look;)

You can buy a dickie or balaclava. I have an alpine star one but frankly I only start wearing when it's approaching 0 degrees. At 18-20c , you just need to toughen up a bit and be a real Canadian ;) (all in good humour)

A thin bandana keeps the bugs and crud off your neck when it's warm. A thick one is just right for the cool conditions and a dickie/turtleneck works when I'm riding from 10C to -10C.

A balaclava will solve both problems. I use a Dainese one, made out of silk so as its really comfortable. And it won't make the helmet feel tighter from the extra layer of fabric.

Been riding from Richmond Hill to Mississauga since first week in May every day at 5:50 am when it wasn't raining with a tshirt, sweater and joe rocket textile jacket.
If I can do that... You can handle 18-20

Hyperion what bike are you riding? I'm commuting every morning from PoorMansHill to Mississauga as well. I take 407 to 427 -- work by the airport.

Gj1OCN0.jpg

Bandana and/or a do rag when it's hot.
Core cooler when it's really hot.
Neck warmer and/or Balaclava when it's cold.

It's always good to have something that you can take off,
and prevents bird poop from running down your neck.

Hyperion what bike are you riding? I'm commuting every morning from PoorMansHill to Mississauga as well. I take 407 to 427 -- work by the airport.
Gs500, but I take 7 to 400/401/409.
I actually work at the Airport.
Need some..... Modifications before i take the 407

Yeah I'm fortunate to have work provide me with a transponder so no funny business for me :)
Are you one of the many bikes parked in the viscount garage where he train is?

Gs500, but I take 7 to 400/401/409.
I actually work at the Airport.
Need some..... Modifications before i take the 407

Back
Top Bottom