Brake caliber bolt stuck | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brake caliber bolt stuck

Yes this really works. Worked when I stripped my front caliper recessed bolt. If it is really messed up, take the next size up and hammer it in.

Yup if you get a torx bit that has to be hammered in it should be able to get it right out.

sent from a device using a program

If you want to swing by - I can prob help you extract it - bring a replacement bolt along. You can buy me a coffee later.

thin nose vice.......

there is no way a needle nose / smaller nose vice grip would have enough clamping force to get a caliper bolt off.

I usually cut a slot into stuff like this then use and impact driver.

If that doesn't work I use a left handed set of drill bits( Counter Clockwise). Usually once I am half way through the bolt it ends up spinning off.

And apply some heat to it may help loosen it.

That impact tool works good but you need a solid backing. With the caliper mounted it will just bounce and possibly damage something. I wouldn't do that. Get the wheel off for room to work. Maybe place a heavy object (sledge hammer head) on the other side of the bolt if possible and hit bolt head with smaller hammer. This sets up a vibration to break threads loose. Then use small vise grips to turn it.

I have the day off So I will be working on this today and will update :) first things first.. Some foldgers in my cup :)

7e9ae09bbe2fbc39808b245a3128eec0.jpg

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Ok I have to take this real wheel off. Anyone have a trick for doing this with one man? If I try to turn hard the rear wheel comes off the ground.

Leave it in gear and hit the rachet handle with a hammer

sent from a device using a program

I get it now. Lever from the other side. i.e. from the front of the bike. That way you are pushing down, not lifting. Don't hit the rachet with a hammer. Better to get a length of pipe to extend the rachet handle and have the extra length give you the leverage.

Ok so far no luck period.
Things I have tried while tire is on . Impact wrench with a Philips bit (no torx bits for it)
I tried making a little groove with a big flat hat screw driver to hammer out. No luck. With the sprocket in the way I can't do much

I decided to take wheel off

I am using a 25" breaker bar , bikes in gear, my foots on the rear brake and it still will not turn. I think and air gun is only option. Which I don't have.

It's always good to assess what tools available before taking on the job.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom