Brake caliber bolt stuck | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brake caliber bolt stuck

cbcanada

Banned
Cannot remove one of the bolts to take off the rear brake calipers on my bike. And now while pulling on it.. I have done one strip turn. If I try to turn anymore it will strip it more.

Any advice?

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Ok right now the rear tire and sprocket and chain are still on.. I need a half inch drive to take them off which I will buy. But here is the picture I am pointing at it .. It's pretty well stripped now I tried to hammer a torks bit in this that and other thing.

27d2c7facd3219d6512ceb13e5de9522.jpg

But I am just looking and trying and I realized even if I do take the sprockets off with the vice grip I have I can't turn it because the top of the vice grip hits the swingarm and then if I put it perpendicular I have to come in on an angle due to run getting in way.. which gives me no grip on the bolt

See this is the only angle I can come in at . otherwise I am hitting the swingarm when I try to turn it and when I come in on this angle I have to come in to clear the edge of the rim ... if that makes sense? so I am only able to grab the top bit of the bolt

5594564be6d8a38dda882ccf9487b33b.jpg

Get a welder to weld an iron bar on it

Take the wheel off should be easy if you have a stand or put a bar though and set it on some axle stands. Do you have the axle wrench for that wheel they are inexpensive on eBay or gp should have one. And don't try and weld to the stainless bolt.

sent from a device using a program

I would bet it will come with an impact driver and a torx bit princess auto has them. You need a impact driver not an impact wrench the driver looks like a screwdriver that you hit with a hammer and it turns.

I would bet it will come with an impact driver and a torx bit princess auto has them. You need a impact driver not an impact wrench the driver looks like a screwdriver that you hit with a hammer and it turns.

What size torx bit? Same size the bolt or smaller to get in? I am assuming the wheel still has to come off for this operation?

I have the rear wheel nut but do not have the 1/2" driver to turn it. Will have to pick that up as well.

Would anyone recommend drilling it out once the wheel is removed?

One that won't go in quite you should need to hammer the torx bit in those stainless bolts are fairly soft.

Nevermind

Last edited:
Yup if you get a torx bit that has to be hammered in it should be able to get it right out.

Back
Top Bottom