Dishwasher appliance help | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dishwasher appliance help

Slono

Not your usual thread, I know, but my dishwasher is driving me crazy.
I just replaced the big 3 kitchen appliances (fridge, range, dishwasher) and I'm quite happy with them. I have a concern however, that the water residue that is left in my dishwasher after a full wash and dry cycle is not normal. Can anybody shed light on whether or not water residue after a complete cycle is normal? I installed the dishwasher myself and I followed each step carefully. My old dishwasher was going on 15 years and it never did this.

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses!

Is there water residue... in an appliance that uses 20-25 liters of water in its normal cycle? Um, yeah.

If you're talking about a big pool of water remaining at the bottom then no its not normal...the pump isn't draining it out properly. But things are still gonna be wet in there, even after a heated dry.

What model is the dishwasher?

Not an expert, but there's never any water if I leave it for the full dry time. I'd lean towards not draining properly. Check the drain lines for kinks and / or proper drain angle.

You shouldn't have a water pool in the bottom of the dishwasher. Since it's new, I'd assume the pump is most likely functional and I'd suspect the drain/hose. Kinks in the drain hose? Did you clamp it to the top of the cabinet just before it connects to the sink drain pipe?

I follow all the latest trends. I have a keen interest in the world we've created.

Meh, ymmv but, I've found they aren't all that bad. Sounds like the op has one that doesn't like to pull the drain plug. Usually a slap and a kiss will put them back in line.

Meh, ymmv but, I've found they aren't all that bad. Sounds like the op has one that doesn't like to pull the drain plug. Usually a slap and a kiss will put them back in line.

Some of the simplest solutions are the most elegant, are they not? I wonder what kind of sexual conquest gets the garage door open at your arrival? Not yours, I mean anybody. This should be a group effort.

It would be nice to know what others have to say. Lol.

Personally, I find it depends on a factor of, "what have you done for me lately".

Can't say if it's sexual or not but, trimming the hedge and paying for her yoga pants yielded favorable results.

Mind you this is my trade in model. The original gave up the ghost a long time ago. The new one seems to hold up after 3 years. Maintenance cost on the original are still out of this world. The new one seems to be working fine under warranty. But, not sure how much longer I've got?

Is "trimming the hedge" some sort of code? Is this a trend I should be watching?

Is "trimming the hedge" some sort of code? Is this a trend I should be watching?

No code...........didn't know you were into watching????? Not sure if I should mention this to the missus??? She thinks I spend too much time on motorcycle forums but, this could be a game changer!!!

As per post #111 in the terrorist attack thread you just need to smack that appliance and it will straighten right up. Allah says so.

dishwasher_drain_with_type-313x298.jpg
Check that you have a point in the drain line higher than the tie-in to the drain so it doesn't siphon back.

So, apparently reading the manual helps. It says I need jet dry to help with the extra water. It still leaves water residue but nowhere as much as before.

I had the drain loop in place when I first installed it so I knew that wasn't the problem. I guess the energy savings technology is making it harder for manufacturers to make dishwashers that dry stuff properly without needing extra crap thrown in.

Back
Top Bottom