Petition - Allow single-rider motorcycles in Ontario's HOV lanes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Petition - Allow single-rider motorcycles in Ontario's HOV lanes

I use the Rossi method in the HOVs.

provocatore1.jpg

As much as I'd love this to happen, it won't. Can you imagine the squids if it went through? They'd ruin it for everyone. People already think the HOV lane is the super fast lane where 20 over is too slow.

And that petition is almost 3 years old with merely ~800 signatures.

As much as I'd love this to happen, it won't. Can you imagine the squids if it went through? They'd ruin it for everyone. People already think the HOV lane is the super fast lane where 20 over is too slow.

Finally someone with common sense. The idea is good. The execution would suck and absolutely guranteed the **** the police, vest bros would ruin it. Never going to happen here in nanny onterrible.

It's legal everywhere else on the planet. The squids didn't ruin it. And from what I've experienced 20 over would be a miracle. All I get are morons going slower than the far right lane who seem to think its mandatory to be in the HOV lanes when you have a passenger.
But Ontario hates motorcycles so this won't work.

There are laws that cover the squids misbehaving on the HOV lane, same laws that cover them misbehaving in any other lane so let's not confuse the issue here. I known it may not happen but at least it is a way of doing something more than complaining on GTAM. Sorry Roomie I like you but that cop girlfriend of yours is brain washing you lol

One big question: Why?

There are laws that cover the squids misbehaving on the HOV lane, same laws that cover them misbehaving in any other lane so let's not confuse the issue here. I known it may not happen but at least it is a way of doing something more than complaining on GTAM. Sorry Roomie I like you but that cop girlfriend of yours is brain washing you lol

It's not just the squids that make me think it's never going to happen. Things get worse in this lovely province year after year. 172 is a total crock of dogs hit and should be amended or removed altogether. Never going to happen. Highway speed limits should be 120. Never going to happen. Insurance should be standardized and brought under control instead of allowing the crooks to charge whatever they wish. Never going to happen. Hov lanes, bikes. Never going to happen. Oh but wait we can work out some deals so the gov't gets more money from things like hydro sales or pricing, that makes it worse for us. More tickets, impound fees etc because we no longer have the right to argue our case since the cop is the roadside judge. It's not about not bitching on gtam. It's about a lot of people being fed up who have tried over and over and over to get things changed around for far too long with zero result.

On a side note, the idiots screw up simple things like meets and car shows. You really think allowing a right of passage lane won't cause more mayhem? They approve this law and the threads of "some idiot in a vest passed me in my own lane at warp 9" would go up exponentially. There's always the 1% that nothing is good enough for and they'll guaranteed **** it up for the rest of us.

The truth is most motorcyclists are NOT law breakers and they tend to move with the traffic. I'm not going to give up on a good cause because of a handful of ninnies in beer shorts and sandals.

So? I would say the biggest problem is the website wants registration which most people don't like. People are reluctant to give email addresses. Otherwise, HOV use is clearly growing all over the world and motorcycles are legal on them and that is only common sense.

Really? Wouldn't one more lane option be a good thing?

Sure, but why not all vehicles? Why single passenger motorcycles in particular?

The truth is most motorcyclists are NOT law breakers and they tend to move with the traffic. I'm not going to give up on a good cause because of a handful of ninnies in beer shorts and sandals.

So? I would say the biggest problem is the website wants registration which most people don't like. People are reluctant to give email addresses. Otherwise, HOV use is clearly growing all over the world and motorcycles are legal on them and that is only common sense.

I hear you. It's like cyclists where a small percentage of them are *****, but they all get stereotyped. I'm a rule abiding motorcyclist because I'm trying to be safe. I'd much rather be safe in the HOV lane than try into dodge texters - I just feel like there's no incentive for the province and they just don't really care.

I agree there's no traction on the petition likely because of he registration. So is there a better way to go about it? Emailing MPs?

No matter what way this thread is going you do know that online petitions aren't recognized by any goverment. It has of be "official" with actual signatures.

I learned this when the NFA started a petition to lift the magazine restrictions.

I can deliver signatures to an MPP, easy breezy for me. However its a majority Liberal Ontario government so the paper of signatures is as good as the dump in my toilet every morning.

Last edited:
I could have sworn the Ottawa HOV lanes were for single rider motorcycles too and it was handy but I don't really see why motorcycles should be singled out as a special case. What about hybrid or electric cars too?

If you bother to open the petition and read the reasons you would see why. You might disagree but the why is there.
Sure, but why not all vehicles? Why single passenger motorcycles in particular?

Back
Top Bottom