MoToronto BIKE MEET | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MoToronto BIKE MEET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree, MoToronto is a cool name.

You guys (not MoToronto) are brutal. This is the reason we don't have large group rides anymore like we did years ago. Everyones quick to jump on the hate bandwagon. Just let these guys do their thing, build friendships, experience and a stronger riding community.

You guys (not MoToronto) are brutal. This is the reason we don't have large group rides anymore like we did years ago. Everyones quick to jump on the hate bandwagon. Just let these guys do their thing, build friendships, experience and a stronger riding community.

The reason there's no large group rides anymore is because 90% of riders don't want to sign up to see this ****. It's not a hate bandwagon. I like to ride. I ride likely more than most (especially on a ss) and the last thing I need is to be on some big ride where I get taken out by someone over riding their capabilities. Do you thing. Just do it elsewhere. We have very very few good roads in flat boring onterrible. The things posted in those videos are going to do nothing other than make it highly patrolled and a waste of anyones time to go there. I mean really... who the hell stops a group in a friggin corner with some sitting or parked 3 wide into a live traffic lane?

Brutal? I find everyone here too polite. I'm holding back a lot of not-nice thoughts about those vids, for fear of getting an infraction.

Whether you agree with the MoToronto guys or not, I for one, commend Dan for coming here, and giving his opinion / view, in a civilized manner. There have been others that have come here (in the past, not this thread) and were all "eff you guys! What do you know? Blah blah blah".
Also, I don't see anyone being "brutal" imho, I see much of this thread as constructive criticism and feedback. I for one, learn a lot from threads like these.

[h=1]
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by d00dz

You guys (not MoToronto) are brutal. This is the reason we don't have large group rides anymore like we did years ago. Everyones quick to jump on the hate bandwagon. Just let these guys do their thing, build friendships, experience and a stronger riding community
[/h]
The reason there's no large group rides anymore is because 90% of riders don't want to sign up to see this ****. It's not a hate bandwagon. I like to ride. I ride likely more than most (especially on a ss) and the last thing I need is to be on some big ride where I get taken out by someone over riding their capabilities. Do you thing. Just do it elsewhere. We have very very few good roads in flat boring onterrible. The things posted in those videos are going to do nothing other than make it highly patrolled and a waste of anyones time to go there. I mean really... who the hell stops a group in a friggin corner with some sitting or parked 3 wide into a live traffic lane?

One group ride I went on, there was overtaking in a corners in the same lane (!) and with the leaders pinning it in the straights (600 SS) it wasn't much fun overall. In the other group ride, GTAM organised again, by a senior member a few years ago, the pace was slower than the speed limit and still we had one girl fail to take a turn. (luckily no injury). I think it was like 5 groups of 10 riders for that ride. Not what I was expecting.

Since then Its been a pick and choose the people I ride with. Having fun, making friends, and building experience. I dont need to do it "Ride of the Century" style

Whether you agree with the MoToronto guys or not, I for one, commend Dan for coming here, and giving his opinion / view, in a civilized manner. There have been others that have come here (in the past, not this thread) and were all "eff you guys! What do you know? Blah blah blah".
Also, I don't see anyone being "brutal" imho, I see much of this thread as constructive criticism and feedback. I for one, learn a lot from threads like these.

Agreed. He gets credit for coming here and being a civilized person. I just hope he can take some of the offered criticism and learn from it.

THIS ^^^

Infractions and bans coming for the same few bullies who can't just let riders ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom