Cheap tire change off rim in Scarborough area | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheap tire change off rim in Scarborough area

Veej

Anyone a pro at changing the tires off the rim and balancing them, I did see a post on here someone in Bowmanville doing it for $15 off rim on with new tire and balancing included but can't find the thread. I tried for the life of me couldn't get the f$#$#er off the rim the beads are not breaking, specially , I got one side after using a heat gun and even resorted to using a F##$#ing circular saw on one side but have to stop due to the rotor and the rim edge. I am soooo ****** right now....

I don't wanna pay the $50 to the dealers and shops, I have the wheel off, I need to buy one of the bead breakers which range in $60-80 from Harbour Freight or ebay, but for now I gotta get this one done...

So anyone know a reasonable place, as car tires are changed off the rim and balanced for around $15 per tire that includes installation, I personally think the shops are taking advantage at $50 a pop and that to when you bring your tire in.

check out the guy on Youtube that runs over the bead with his car to break it.I've employed this method many times with great success before I purchased my NoMar tire changer.Unfortunately I don't have it set up due to an on going renovation that has filled my garage with building materials,tools etc. otherwise I would do it for you.

Last edited:
If you have a car, place the wheel's edge under the car tire and slowly and carefully drive backwards, the weight of the car will break the bead.
Anyone a pro at changing the tires off the rim and balancing them, I did see a post on here someone in Bowmanville doing it for $15 off rim on with new tire and balancing included but can't find the thread. I tried for the life of me couldn't get the f$#$#er off the rim the beads are not breaking, specially , I got one side after using a heat gun and even resorted to using a F##$#ing circular saw on one side but have to stop due to the rotor and the rim edge. I am soooo ****** right now....

I don't wanna pay the $50 to the dealers and shops, I have the wheel off, I need to buy one of the bead breakers which range in $60-80 from Harbour Freight or ebay, but for now I gotta get this one done...

So anyone know a reasonable place, as car tires are changed off the rim and balanced for around $15 per tire that includes installation, I personally think the shops are taking advantage at $50 a pop and that to when you bring your tire in.

beadbreaker2.jpg

If you have a car, place the wheel's edge under the car tire and slowly and carefully drive backwards, the weight of the car will break the bead.

I'm gonna give the car thing a shot tonight....

i think you can use a vice or c clamp with a breaker bar potentially.

Suggest you use the 2X4 option of the previous post. Driving over your tire with the car is insane to say the least, be certain to place the rim on some plywood or something to protect it.
The $50 charge will look like a bargain if you end up damaging your rim. Also do you have a compressor strong enough to pop the bead once you get the new tire on?

Good luck

I'm gonna give the car thing a shot tonight....

For the cheap price of mounting a tire on a rim, I always take my wheel to a shop. It's not worth my aggravation.

Yep $20 is fair, however I'm in the east end, and all shops here want $45 plus dispose fee and tax , that's if you take the tire to them so your looking at over $50 for a tire...gonna try the 2x4 method and car and then one fine day gonna drive over the border to HF and buy the $50 breaker.

I have done it, have you? not that insane
Suggest you use the 2X4 option of the previous post. Driving over your tire with the car is insane to say the least, be certain to place the rim on some plywood or something to protect it.
The $50 charge will look like a bargain if you end up damaging your rim. Also do you have a compressor strong enough to pop the bead once you get the new tire on?

Good luck

This!
For the cheap price of mounting a tire on a rim, I always take my wheel to a shop. It's not worth my aggravation.

I did it once, breaking the bead was easy, the rest was a pain in the ***! I wouldn't do it again

Breaking the bead is always the most annoying part to me.

For the record you don't need a powerful compressor to set the bead on a bike tire. I've done it several times with one of them battery-powered tire inflators. 40 'murican dollorz on Amazon. Just keep spraying soapy water 'til it pops twice.

PC-Inflator-1.jpg

Yep I have 6 Gallon, 1.5 hp compressor, so I think that should be fine, if Matt can do it with the portable electrics.

I can't believe finding someone in the east end for $20 is so hard...

Update us regardless.... Interesting to see what you do

Yes definitely, If I don't get it out tonight or tomorrow, I'm gonna jump in the car Wednesday morning at 6 am hit the border to FH and bring that bead breaker home......

Hey guys,,,just found out Guess what Crappy Tire will remove and install the tire for...........drum roll........$20!

They won't balance but that's fine as I'm gonna use the beads, you just gotta bring the tire to them!!! Damn this is awesome...only some locations do this as the one at McCowen and Ellesmere won't.... the one that does do it is at Rylander and Port Union....I am sooooo happy now :)

Hey guys,,,just found out Guess what Crappy Tire will remove and install the tire for...........drum roll........$20!

They won't balance but that's fine as I'm gonna use the beads, you just gotta bring the tire to them!!! Damn this is awesome...only some locations do this as the one at McCowen and Ellesmere won't.... the one that does do it is at Rylander and Port Union....I am sooooo happy now :)

So last night went to Crappy Tire, but they closed the mechanical bay early...go figure, they said they weren't busy so closed at 7 pm. Anyways got in touch with Ricardo from this site he's a guy that comes to you to change the tire and other services he charges $35 flat, when tire is off and this includes balancing. Crappy would have charged $20 plus tax and disposal so around the $30 mark and with-out balancing so Ricardo's price is bang on . Ricado has the tools in his pick-up I hear, so after seeing the job he does I'll see if I can handle the aggravation if I have a beadbreaker of my own for my next job, if it's still aggravation after breaking the beads then trying to pry the tire off the rim then hell I'll stick to Ricardo and Crappy Tire.

Back
Top Bottom