Registering under your name without insurance? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Registering under your name without insurance?

Hmm really? So if I claimed I paid 500 for my motorcycle when I really paid 3500, i would get away with it? Let me know, im interested now :rolleyes:

In most cases. They may write a letter to the owner to confirm the sales price and charge you the diff (in theory could charge you with tax evasion i guess). But everyone seems to do this. Used trailers too.

Hmm really? So if I claimed I paid 500 for my motorcycle when I really paid 3500, i would get away with it? Let me know, im interested now :rolleyes:

If its too obvious ,..... aka: 2012-15 Ducati for under $1000..... ***** pls.

That's right. I cancel the insurance on one of my cars every fall when I put the car in my garage for the winter. I get a form letter from the Ministry without fail a couple of months later advising me that they are aware that there is no longer insurance on the car, that driving without insurance is a serious offence, and that I will not be able to renew my sticker with insurance.
Your company doesn't just let you suspend the coverage on it?

Although you still have problems getting a plate sticker with suspended coverage. I suspend mine all the time and I've never gotten a letter from the ministry about it but I can't renew my plate unless I take the suspension off.

Your company doesn't just let you suspend the coverage on it?

Although you still have problems getting a plate sticker with suspended coverage. I suspend mine all the time and I've never gotten a letter from the ministry about it but I can't renew my plate unless I take the suspension off.

I cancel the liability portion of the coverage every October, leave on the theft/comprehensive. Received my letter in March, same as the last 3 years.

If you register it the way people are advising to, you will not be able to get a temp sticker for it which makes it A LOT harder to get a safety.

If you register it the way people are advising to, you will not be able to get a temp sticker for it which makes it A LOT harder to get a safety.
Will just need to be hauled to the shop, no?

Once he gets insurance can't he go back to the ministry to get a temp sticker if he wants to ride to the shop?

Once he gets insurance can't he go back to the ministry to get a temp sticker if he wants to ride to the shop?

Not once it's registered as "unfit". Once it's unfit, you cannot get a temp sticker.

Yep he would just need a tow, still alot harder. & as post above me said once it's registered unfit that can't be changed until it's safetied.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Not once it's registered as "unfit". Once it's unfit, you cannot get a temp sticker.
The only time I got a temp sticker they registered it as unfit, even with insurance, and gave me the temp sticker. Told me once I get it safetied I'd get a new ownership stating it was fit. Never got that new ownership as there was no way it was going to pass so I sold it to a car dealer who just drives it with a dealer plate now, heh.

The only time I got a temp sticker they registered it as unfit, even with insurance, and gave me the temp sticker. Told me once I get it safetied I'd get a new ownership stating it was fit. Never got that new ownership as there was no way it was going to pass so I sold it to a car dealer who just drives it with a dealer plate now, heh.

Yes, that's because the old ownership from the previous owner said "fit". If you bring in an ownership that already says "unfit" from the previous owner, they won't give you a temp permit.
Same deal if you go in and register your bike as unfit, then 2 weeks later you go back and present your "unfit" ownership to request a temp permit you won't get one.

Back
Top Bottom