Recommend me back turn lights | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommend me back turn lights

toyopl

Just bought an R3 and the fender eliminator for it, but the ugly big orange lights got to go.
Never owned a bike before, so don't know who makes good quality lights.
Bike is black so would prefer something in black or smoked or clear.

Just bought an R3 and the fender eliminator for it, but the ugly big orange lights got to go.

I have a ninja 300 - got the competition werkes fender eliminator kit - it came with lights which are clear and look sweet - they may sell them separate...

STOCK

The stock turn signals are visible to other drivers and riders. If you ever go on a ride with others, it's useful if the riders behind you can see what your intentions are.

Very few aftermarket turn signals are any better than garbage. There are reasons why the stock signals have the left-to-right separation, the separation distance from the tail/brake lamp, and the brightness that they have. Most aftermarket replacements are poor quality ... and they tempt people into cutting OEM connectors and wiring and then twisting and taping wires together thinking it's good enough, then wondering why their bike is acting up sometime later.

#1 problem with aftermarket signals is that they are too dim. Somebody out there has got to have solved this problem

Stock is the best for the rear. Do you not want the cars behind to see you?
I've had a lot of aftermarket signals and even the best ones suck compared to stock. But the old orange ones are not attractive. So I replaced mine with new 300 Ninja signals on my SVthou. Great shape, clear, and a good price that matches my fender eliminator well. Best of all you can see them from behind.

Take a look at the Yoshimura fender elim kit. It's small and retains the stock signals but moves them up close under the tail. Looks great and retains the easy-to-see signals so it's win-win.

I've had another rider who was looking for it, tell me that my stock signals were too hard to see.

No way would I go with something less visible. You want them them to be ugly, if that helps to catch people's attention.

I've been riding long enough to see all different types of aftermarket lights and 99% of them are terrible for visibility for indicators. Stay with stock. You won't care how pretty your bike looks if a car decides to turn into you because he can't see what you intend to do.

If you're 100% sold on replacing the oem signals with aftermarket, I would suggest either TST Industries or Rizomas.

As a new rider I suggest you stay with stock. I am a veteran with over 40 years experience. When I bought my current bike, it had aftermarket undertail lights.
They suck. Wish I could find a stock tail section for my RC51. I would buy it and install it back if I could.
Now I have three ways to signal a turn from the rear and dislike all of them.

As a new rider I suggest you stay with stock. I am a veteran with over 40 years experience. When I bought my current bike, it had aftermarket undertail lights.
They suck. Wish I could find a stock tail section for my RC51. I would buy it and install it back if I could.
Now I have three ways to signal a turn from the rear and dislike all of them.

All three using your left arm?

This thread reminds me of an old man yelling.
2767638386_d8efc6fb1f.jpg

Aftermarket signals are as old as bikes. Almost a right of passage, though many options have left much to be desired for many years. That is changing. And there are lots of other good signal options in addition to those mentioned. Proton and watsen are well known high visibility options, (but without the separation of stalk signals). And taking two seconds at Yamaha shows their perfectly reasonable LED signal light accessories options for the R3 (posted earlier).

... I am a veteran with over 40 years experience. When I bought my current bike, it had aftermarket undertail lights.
They suck. Wish I could find a stock tail section for my RC51. I would buy it and install it back if I could....

Hey vet. It's easy to find a clean and uncut stock undertray for the RC51.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom