Is this an illegal overtake? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this an illegal overtake?

What's an illegal pass?
Exactly. We'd need to see the rule book but that was probably entirely within the rules. I think the OP asked the wrong question. Was it dangerous, excessive, unsportsmanlike?

Hard to tell from the one angle in the video. I don't know that track, the racing line there, the exact line that was taken by each rider. As far as I can tell it was aggressive and risky but not unsportsmanlike. The fact that they touched doesn't mean anything. Or the fact that the leader had to stand the bike up. These are things that happen in normal, healthy racing

Racing is not for sissies or whiners! There is soccer for that...

Why are more and more organizations mandating brake guards? Is that not allowing contact?
You have two complete answers to this question. Purest, ,,contact is not allowed and respect at speed is paramount.
New Era-- you have maybe a handful of paid rides, and nobody see's the guys in 5th. So get to first at what ever the cost. That is fact.
The new generation ride into a corner to get the position,,and then deal with it. If you don't agree that's fine but it's old school. It all started with the Red Bull Rookie Cup. You want to make a name for yourself,,a little pushing is now part of the game. Thus the mandating of brake guards. Also why more and more are putting them on the clutch side as well.

Racing is a contact sport, watch some MX.

That was kinda my point... Have you seen my elbows?? :) we haven't been that close... yet :)

Back
Top Bottom