Anyone else doing SharpRider at Hershey tomorrow? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone else doing SharpRider at Hershey tomorrow?

Looking forward to getting wet. See you there if you're taking it.

I hope the winds didn't pick up too much until you were done.

Thanks.

Course was great, I recommend it to all riders. Even if you think you know how to corner like a racer and think you are leaning off properly you can do it better and more efficiently. The body position drills are the best part of the course. Once I was able to get into the right position and make the turn I was surprised by how quickly the bike will turn. Looking forward to practice these drills.

The added bonus of the rain was that you learn that traction DOES exist even when it rains....or you are riding in puddles of rain.

The wind held off for the course, was strong on the ride home around 7ish. All my rain gear worked with the exception of my "waterproof" gloves. Things turned into water sponges.

I too did this course on the weekend (mine was on the 28th) and I would also highly recommend this to everyone, no matter how many years you have been riding. I will definitely be back for their level 2 course!

First time I heard of this, what is this course?
It's called Total Control by Lea Parks. He was a former AMA racer who was the first to bring racing techniques to street riding. I've been to two race schools here in gta and none go as detail with the body position drills as he does.

His book is the same title. Real awesome guy. I highly recommend his school before you attend a track/race school.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've been to two race schools here in gta and none go as detail with the body position drills as he does.
Totally agree with this. I took Fast phase 1 years ago, loved it. However; they didn't go into body position beyond getting your butt off the seat. The body position drills take it way further. Where should your head be? What about your chest? What about your inside arm? What about your outside arm?

Bingo.. I did this earlier this year and my riding improved big time.

Back
Top Bottom