Helmet size question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet size question

john117

Hey guys,
I got my M1 few weeks back and I was going for my M2 course at RTI. I have been buying equipment in phases, got the ICON hypersport prime jacket and now decided to buy a helmet. I really liked the HJC helmets but when I tried one of them, I found that medium was too small (a bit uncomfortable) and large was a little too big. I have been reading that the medium will loosen up a bit as time goes by. I wasn't sure if I should just stick with the large, its not very loose but it does move a little when I hold it still and shake my head. I live in the westend and went to try the helmets out at Brampton powersports, are there any other good motorcycle shops around there?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

try a different helmet brand. they all fit differently. maybe an icon medium will fit you just right.

try a different helmet brand. they all fit differently. maybe an icon medium will fit you just right.

+1

Depending on your head shape, the medium might not loosen up enough, and you know that the Large will only get looser with time. Find something that fits snug but not painful right off the bat. I have a Large Arai that I never wear because of a hot spot that happens after an hour+ of riding.

Every model is slightly different.

My head is AGV GP-Tech Large.

keep in mind it will stretch and fit in th elong run. dont buy a helmet that is super comfy at first. Get one that is fairly snug. When the helmet is on bite and you should be biting on the sides of your cheeks. get sized properly asI see aloyt of people having larger helmets. I thought I had a big head I ended up with medium. Snugged as fukked at first now is perfect

I have a helmet that was snug as fukk when new... Still snug as fuk

I have a medium HJC CL 16 it fits my roundish head spot on. Very snug cant even wear my Oakley's but no pressure points or any other discomfort. My newbie opinion would be first figure out your head shape. oval, round and all the in betweens and then the size. I see that your checking out HJC so here is an email and received from HJC in response to the difference between RPHA 10 and RPHA 10 PRO.

"Thank you for contacting HJC Helmets. The RPHA 10 Pro has the new SNELL M2015 certification, while the RHPA 10 still have the SNELL M2010 certification. Moving forward you will see the new RPHA 10 graphics with the word Pro"

BTW how about a review (there is tread somewhere on this site) of your ICON hypersport prime jacket, sizing, quality, air flow, colour (what does it really look like) etc.

BTW how about a review (there is tread somewhere on this site) of your ICON hypersport prime jacket, sizing, quality, air flow, colour (what does it really look like) etc.

I haven't really ridden with it much but I will gladly write up a review later if you can pass me the link to the thread.

As for the helmet, I will probably head over to couple of stores tomorrow and see if I can find something better that fits my head. Online prices are usually much cheaper but I would rather have the comfort in knowing it fits me properly I guess.

You liked the PRICE of the HJC helmets, heheh...
But they can fit kinda big; they're wide helmets, not real narrow face-huggers like Shoei's.
And they can be heavy (weight) in the $149 range.

Anyway: you may have figured out by now, that your head is pointy or wide or whatever?
The reason people always advise you to go snug is, there's more room inside the helmet than you think.
Reach back behind your head and interlace your fingers. Holding the helm strongly, push your head back into it like you mean it.
The chin and facebar should move away from your face (sometimes a lot).
And the helm won't dig in to your temples any more.
Get an expensive helmet, which will be light, and bask in the admiration of your friends.
Any extra protection is simply bonus.

Back
Top Bottom