Temp HOV + two wheels. Can someone confirm this? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Temp HOV + two wheels. Can someone confirm this?

I havent seen the sign because all thats being advertised everywhere are vehicles 3+.

I should be fine if it starts at yorkmills.

I tried HOV on DVP from Don Mill to downtown. Literally I was only vehicle there.
Much more mess on 404 with empty HOV. De-turing as usual from Sheppard Don Mills.

No problems on the DVP south this morning and it seems like when it ends like 800m north of the south-west merge people still avoid it. Problem becomes that the HOV doesn't start again until past Yonge exit, and people wait at the last minute to get out of it. After that, it's extremely dangerous because you are passing dead stopped traffic, and taxi cabs are getting on and trying to merge into it across two lanes because they don't expect anyone to be there. Be very vigilant. There's no way you could be doing 90/70 in it safely...

After I got out to exit, I sat in traffic and watched as a bike cop did absolutely nothing as multiple single occupant vehicles went by...

I tried HOV on DVP from Don Mill to downtown. Literally I was only vehicle there.
Much more mess on 404 with empty HOV. De-turing as usual from Sheppard Don Mills.

I was trying to figure out what turing was for a minute.

Word has it cops were all over monitoring the lane today...

I'm just giving it time for the proud and righteous to start using that lane as any other lane.

So much traffic all over the city this morning 427 south jammed up right at the point where the nwe HOV starts, leading into the gardiner and even Lakeshore was a mess!

I really can't fathom who was the genius behind this! Us working peasants and tax payers will have to suffer in hundreds of thousands for an entire month so a few can get to a few games NO ONE cares about!

And we have to take it like a champ or else!

try close to two months, don't forget the ParaPanam
So much traffic all over the city this morning 427 south jammed up right at the point where the nwe HOV starts, leading into the gardiner and even Lakeshore was a mess!

I really can't fathom who was the genius behind this! Us working peasants and tax payers will have to suffer in hundreds of thousands for an entire month so a few can get to a few games NO ONE cares about!

And we have to take it like a champ or else!

Yeah Lakeshore was a lot more packed than usual this morning (and the HOV was empty, weeeeeeeeeeeeee)

Was thinking great no more teachers on the highways or soccer moms driving their special snowflakes to school, during the summer months the commute becomes much less irritating...lol

Now these HOV lanes have pooched that and guess what they started the first day with no school and end 1 week before school goes back... Thanks Kathleen and your merry gang of FIBERALS..

I stayed away from the 401 today, took the Eglinton HOV lane to work, traffic was a lot lighter.

Unbelievable Pam Mc Connell, (Toronto city councillor was just on CP24 talking about the HOV lanes, (for those unaware she is a FAR left leaning downtown councillor who freely admits she doesn't own a car and NEVER drives). When they asked about all the driver stuck in traffic due to these new lanes, she replied "well I don't think anyone IN Toronto, wants to see one of "our" young athletes, getting stuck in traffic and missing their race"

Newsflash Pam.. No it is MUCH better that tens of thousands of people get stuck in traffic and miss WORK, so a few special, "no one is a loser" crowd from other countries miss their race. How about they get onto, transit, or whatever transportation they are taking and like everyone else PLAN ahead, and arrive on time to their "race"... Maybe even take Kathleen's meesage, on the signs on the 401 "Pan AM games are coming plan ahead avoid rush hour"

Why not schedule ALL the events to take place say from 10 PM till 5 AM, then the athletes can avoid rush hour and the 15 people who bought tickets can get to see the events too...lmao And those of us who actually contribute to the city can GET TO WORK!!

Last edited:
Frickin' athletes can run to their venues without breaking a sweat. Give them the sidewalks.

Unbelievable Pam Connell, (Toronto city councillor was just on CP24 talking about the HOV lanes, (for those unaware she is a FAR left leaning downtown councillor who freely admits she doesn't own a car and NEVER drives). When they asked about all the driver stuck in traffic due to these new lanes, she replied "well I don't think anyone IN Toronto, wants to see one of "our" young athletes, getting stuck in traffic and missing their race"

Newsflash Pam.. No it is MUCH better that tens of thousands of people get stuck in traffic and miss WORK, so a few special, "no one is a loser" crowd from other countries miss their race. How about they get onto, transit, or whatever transportation they are taking and like everyone else PLAN ahead, and arrive on time to their "race"... Maybe even take Kathleen's meesage, on the signs on the 401 "Pan AM games are coming plan ahead avoid rush hour"

Why not schedule ALL the events to take place say from 10 PM till 5 AM, then the athletes can avoid rush hour and the 15 people who bought tickets can get to see the events too...lmao And those of us who actually contribute to the city can GET TO WORK!!

Exactly. WE work, WE pay taxes to maintain those roads and WE can not use them! WTF kinda fair society is this?!!!

It's a bit of the balanced approach, for the Vancouver and London Olympic games; these lanes were only designated for games officials. The general public were not allowed to use these lanes whatsoever.

HOV 3+ and 2+ are okay, my issue is the way the the rules flip-flop between provincial highways and regional roads. Green Plate is okay on the provincial hwy, but not allowed on the DVP. Single-motorcycle allowed on Gardiner but not allowed on 427/QEW.

It looks like some of the media are finally asking the right questions, about whether the HTA applies for municipal HOV lanes. They've been parading $110 and 3 demerit points, when HTA S154.1 is limited to King Hwys.

https://twitter.com/siomo/status/615556213812674560

11:36 AM - 29 Jun 2015

But on the Gardiner/DVP it's a bylaw infraction, not Highway Traffic Act. So the penalty is $85, with no demerit points attached

https://twitter.com/siomo/status/615544363515514881

12:23 PM - 29 Jun 2015

BTW temporary HOV lanes on Jane ALSO covered by bylaw, not Highway Traffic act, so no demerit points there either. Dbl checking fine amount

The fine for breaking the HOV rules in York Region, on Jane St is also $85.​

Last edited:
Exactly. WE work, WE pay taxes to maintain those roads and WE can not use them! WTF kinda fair society is this?!!!

Here, this should help.

baby-pacifier.jpg

401 is a **** show.

People in the middle lane doing 100 or the trucks doing 105. People afraid to pass as the OPP are patrolling the HOV lanes heavily.

Some many people cutting each other off, to get ahead of a slower vehicle .. sigh. Dear 407, here I come for 2 months ..

It's a bit of the balanced approach, for the Vancouver and London Olympic games; these lanes were only designated for games officials. The general public were not allowed to use these lanes whatsoever.

HOV 3+ and 2+ are okay, my issue is the way the the rules flip-flop between provincial highways and regional roads. Green Plate is okay on the provincial hwy, but not allowed on the DVP. Single-motorcycle allowed on QEW but not allowed on 427/QEW.

It looks like some of the media are finally asking the right questions, about whether the HTA applies for municipal HOV lanes. They've been parading $110 and 3 demerit points, when HTA S154.1 is limited to King Hwys.

https://twitter.com/siomo/status/615556213812674560

11:36 AM - 29 Jun 2015

But on the Gardiner/DVP it's a bylaw infraction, not Highway Traffic Act. So the penalty is $85, with no demerit points attached

https://twitter.com/siomo/status/615544363515514881

12:23 PM - 29 Jun 2015

BTW temporary HOV lanes on Jane ALSO covered by bylaw, not Highway Traffic act, so no demerit points there either. Dbl checking fine amount

The fine for breaking the HOV rules in York Region, on Jane St is also $85.​

Thought so, I asked on first page. Open season.

Back
Top Bottom