Temp HOV + two wheels. Can someone confirm this? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Temp HOV + two wheels. Can someone confirm this?

Wait. Is it 3+ for the vehicles (car suv trucks etc) AND taxi, public transit. Emergency. Motorcycle? Or 3+ for cars, taxi and public transit. Its tricky

Time to buy an extra blowup doll...

Party pooper
You have no Charter right to drive. The province has the constitutional right to regulate who may drive and under what conditions they may use highways within its jurisdiction.

You do have the right to purchase vehicle that can carry three people, and to hire the necessary number of passengers to help you meet the passenger load requirements of the HOV lanes you want to use. So do that, put an ad for passengers in Kijiji and you're all set.

One thing I don't get is you are allowed on the DVP/Gardiner, but not on the 400 series? Since the DVP is the 404, does this mean once you get past a certain point rules change? It would suck to be allowed to be in the HOV lanes and get pulled over once you get above either the 401 or Steeles...

yes, the rules change

400 series is Provincial jurisdiction, Gardiner and DVP are City of Toronto

yes, the rules change

400 series is Provincial jurisdiction, Gardiner and DVP are City of Toronto

But the DVP is the 404, so where exactly does the 'change' occur? If I had to guess I'd say Steeles since that demarks the end of Toronto and the start of either Markham or Richmond Hill?

Also, given the fines for anyone caught using these lanes who shouldn't be there...I'm guessing insurance companies are salivating already.

DVP changes over to hwy 404 right at the turn around at the top of the DVP . Fred Gardiner Expressway starts just east of the 427 over the east mall. Its the fine line between O Dots and TPS HP's patrol area.

DVP changes over to hwy 404 right at the turn around at the top of the DVP . Fred Gardiner Expressway starts just east of the 427 over the east mall. Its the fine line between O Dots and TPS HP's patrol area.

Hmm good to know/glad I asked -- I would have assumed after the amalgamation of Toronto, that the same rules would have applied until you hit Steeles. I can definitely see the OPP setting up camp just after the 401 to catch anyone who forgets to vacate the HOV lanes in time...just like how they love to hide behind bridges where the limit drops from 80km/h to 50km/h on some roads/areas.

Here's the official definition:

For Westerly/Northbound: "A point 800 metres north of Eastern Avenue W-N ramp bullnose and a point 800 metres south of Highway 404/401 bullnose"

For Easterly/Southbound: "A point 1200 metres south of Highway 401 W-S ramp bullnose and a point 800 metres north of Richmond Street offramp bullnose"

That's all there is to it folks. Read the documents that have been linked over and over.

How nice it was this morning to ride using the HOV lane on the DVP.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom