Temp HOV + two wheels. Can someone confirm this? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Temp HOV + two wheels. Can someone confirm this?

Jimsun

Who can use the lanes?

- Accredited games vehicles used to transport athletes, media and officials.
- Motor vehicles with three or more occupants between June 29 to July 27.
- Motor vehicles with two or more occupants between July 28 to August 18.
- Emergency vehicles.
- Public transit.
- Licensed taxis.
- Electric vehicles with green licence plates (on provincial highways).
- Motorcycles (on Toronto and York Region roadways).
What do the lanes look like?

Workers are currently installing the HOV lanes across the region. When completed, the lanes will be clearly marked with pavement markings and signs.

However, because the lanes are only temporary, they will look different from the regular, permanent HOV lanes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...hov-lanes-5-things-you-need-to-know-1.3120177

You could always search and find the other 2 threads that have covered this to death.

Ahh. I noticed how it got updated maybe. Because on the cbc site it says motorcycles are allowed.

Used the HOV on Lakeshore W this morning. Very little traffic but it still felt good.

If traffic gets bad enough for this I might just have to start lane splitting.

Yeah, wont be enforced until monday. But we'll be able to use it on the Gardiner (NOT QEW) and DVP. And obviously on lakeshore.

So what's the answer, can we use them or not?

Okay, okay, I'm an *****.

Would it help people to think about it the way the lanes are already regulated? The provincial government has their collective heads up their ***** and will not allow motorcycles. Outside this temporary designation, a motorcycle is only allowed in a provincial HOV lane with two people. With the temporary requirement for 3, we've effectively been outright banned. Nice though, that it's one of the things the city of Toronto has done right. Like our free parking, we're allowed to use the HOV lanes even on our own.

This just got me thinking, Since I am a resident of Ontario and my taxes pay for the roads and the roads are public and I can not carry 3 people on my bike, isn'ty against my human rights to ban me from a public road :agave:

This just got me thinking, Since I am a resident of Ontario and my taxes pay for the roads and the roads are public and I can not carry 3 people on my bike, isn'ty against my human rights to ban me from a public road :agave:

You have no Charter right to drive. The province has the constitutional right to regulate who may drive and under what conditions they may use highways within its jurisdiction.

You do have the right to purchase vehicle that can carry three people, and to hire the necessary number of passengers to help you meet the passenger load requirements of the HOV lanes you want to use. So do that, put an ad for passengers in Kijiji and you're all set.

It might actually work out better for riders. I have to go into DT, so maybe the HOV on DVP will be A-OK!

Nice though, that it's one of the things the city of Toronto has done right. Like our free parking, we're allowed to use the HOV lanes even on our own.

I had no idea the city's HOV lanes were always kosher. Doh.

What law do they use to enforce them?
If you drive on them on Gardiner/DVP do you get a by-law ticket like you would get on don mils?
What about QEW?

Back
Top Bottom