Temp HOV + two wheels. Can someone confirm this? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Temp HOV + two wheels. Can someone confirm this?

Yes. I enjoyed moving along at a moderate speed compared to all the stopped traffic. But definitely wary of impatient drivers. So I held back a little, but still moved along much faster than the "1 per car" crowd. I sure am enjoying that.

Except for the lone woman sitting in the HOV lane all the way down to at least Eglington. Got past at that point.

I had a record commute this morning.

I know Canada day has a lot to do with it...BUT still... 20 mins vs my usual 45 is a WIN.

I saw this morning 2 bike cops riding next to each other in the DVP northbound hov lane limiting the speed. I guess that's how they "control" the hov lane speed. I doubt they can give you a ticket for passing at 40+ kmh.

Beautiful ride today on the HOV's I'm allowed to use. Some asshats jumped in to pass another vehicle but got back after a few honks.

I agree that you should be very aware and probably not even do limit speed right next to slow traffic, you could get nailed in a split second.

Is there anything in the HTA or Toronto by-law regarding this??

Well, you're supposed to drive with due care right, so if you happen to get in an accident at 100km with a car pulling out, the crown could argue that you were not prepared that occurance to happen. Just becaise you could drive 100km doesnt mean you should. Same goes for speeding in a snow storm etc. Drive according to conditions or face "dangerous" driving charges. In reality, they just dont want any accidents to happen I'm sure. Its not about the tickets all the time..

This morning I saw two black Harley cops pulling someone over on the DVP. Aren't the black ones OPP? I thought they didn't patrol the DVP?

This morning I saw two black Harley cops pulling someone over on the DVP. Aren't the black ones OPP? I thought they didn't patrol the DVP?

They have black cops, white cops, brown cops. All kinds of cops are opp. Some of them ride harleys.

maybe means...
Black Harley copsicle
IMG_2151.jpg

White Harley copsicle
4110267467_ca4d8d7a6f_z.jpg

that article is full of missinformation. Talks about provincial HOV lanes allowing motorcycles, which they dont. Also they say during the PanAm games, 2 people are needed, when infact its 3. Poor reporting/proof reading once again from the Star

The lanes are now restricted to vehicles with at least three occupants, along with taxis and motocycles and buses. During the ParaPan Am Games, vehicles will have to have at least two occupants to avoid traffic fines from police.

btw - the commenters on TheStar make me laugh so much. lol

Last edited:
Poor reporting from the Star, you must be kidding. Their "star" columnist Catherine Porter could not keep the facts straight if she tried. The Star is just a Liberal Party rag and nothing should be believed if reported by this paper.
Not trying to hijack thread but we should be all calling and writing our respective MPP and the minister of transport pushing for proper HOV lanes that include motorcycles. This exclusion flies in the face of common sense.

Catherine Porter vs. Ezra Levant: Toronto Star's "mea culpa" is admirable, but it left out something important -- and weird - The Rebel

that article is full of missinformation. Talks about provincial HOV lanes allowing motorcycles, which they dont. Also they say during the PanAm games, 2 people are needed, when infact its 3. Poor reporting/proof reading once again from the Star

btw - the commenters on TheStar make me laugh so much. lol

[video=youtube_share;oqfFe2MlZG8]http://youtu.be/oqfFe2MlZG8[/video]

No, everyone will be forced to use a transponder when entering/exiting the HOV/HOT lanes at all times; similar to how 407ETR requires ALL transport trucks to use transponders.

There will be buttons to switch between Toll/HOV on the transponder.

The police will have detectors in their vehicles which will show which setting you have the transponder switched to.

If you're set to HOV and you're by yourself... you're getting stopped for toll evasion.

If you're using the HOV w/o transponder then your vehicle license plate will be photographed and you'll receive a bill in the mail. You may also be stopped for toll evasion, for failing to use transponder in the HOT/HOV lane.

Things will get a lot more complicated for drivers when HOT lanes are rolled out.

OPP are no strangers to toll enforcement: https://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto...r_readers_react_to_opp_role_on_toll_road.html

Back
Top Bottom