Grand bend lapping friday july 10 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Grand bend lapping friday july 10

So during the Soar practice/track days, do the Racers just slot themselves in any of the groups? Or do they get slotted in Red/Fast group? Genuinely curious.

Usually due to the volume of bikes it done:
Slow group 0-250cc racers& new riders
Odd# bike novice racers with odd # plates( any cc's) & track riders ( yellow or Red group)
Even# plate Racers(any cc's) & yellow or red group track riders
Pro group Only Pro racers.
It does work IF everyone ( including racers) rides like it a "track day" and if track day riders stay within the riding comfort zone.
When a slower rider tries to match the faster rider and panics.... That is when all hell breaks loose..
Goes for the same with racers who are quicker, "spooking" or "stuffing" a track day rider in a corner just to get around them quicker.
I've never heard of anyone making a living around here from riding at a track day, work on the Monday is inevitable, it should be fun first.

Thank you ; Mikey Moto, Blue Streak Racing, JT Sprockets, HiFlo Filters, Cycle Pro, Dyno-Jet. For your help and support.
www.cementheadracing.ca

I've never heard of anyone making a living around here from riding at a track day, work on the Monday is inevitable, it should be fun first.

+1.
Very few people make a living from racing in Canada either, and I'm pretty sure 100% of the SOAR racers also have to work on Monday.

That's the thing some weren't treating it like a track day. I seen some really aggressive passes. Most were clean but I seen some where they forced the other rider to slam on their brakes completely taking their lines. I'm fairly new at track days also but if was completely new I'd be turned off with the whole thing. Things did settle down after lunch.

That's the thing some weren't treating it like a track day. I seen some really aggressive passes. Most were clean but I seen some where they forced the other rider to slam on their brakes completely taking their lines. I'm fairly new at track days also but if was completely new I'd be turned off with the whole thing. Things did settle down after lunch.

In the trackday group or in the racer group?

One of the downsides of the Fridays at GB is that they don't have the strict passing rules in the TD group like you'll see in beginner groups elsewhere. You basically have beginner, intermediate and advanced TD riders all in the same group then your other groups are actual race folks.

There are downsides to such a set up. Maybe it's not the best environment for a beginner pace rider. That being said, there was an awful lot of stupidity being shown on the track in the TD group on Friday. Stuff that makes me think certain riders have no business being on a race track until they understand some basic safety rules and etiquette... and which way to go on the race track.

passing were they shouldn't???? it's a race track as long as you don't make contact it's clean..if you don't like it stay at the doughnut shop and brag to your friends how fast you are. friday track days add NO revenue to soar. that is all grand bend $$$.

Uhhhh... What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a track day it's a friday pratice for a race weekend. It's not our fault if our level is so much higher then yours.

passing were they shouldn't???? it's a race track as long as you don't make contact it's clean..if you don't like it stay at the doughnut shop and brag to your friends how fast you are. friday track days add NO revenue to soar. that is all grand bend $$$.
Most other track days the "slow" group passing is only allowed on straights. And there is certainly unsafe passing even in motogp level.

Caboose we were all in the slow group. I wouldn't recommend a soar weekend to any newbie. Maybe it was a few bad apples

what don't you understand tim

you just said it. TRACK DAYS this is a friday pratice... most track day guys i have met don't have a clue and don't want to learn.
showing up with stock bodywork street tires and rubber brake lines...clueless wonders.

It's common to have different passing rules for different groups at a TD. Being a "Trackday Group" its understandable that some riders might expect some ground rules for passing.

Most other track days the "slow" group passing is only allowed on straights. And there is certainly unsafe passing even in motogp level.

Caboose we were all in the slow group. I wouldn't recommend a soar weekend to any newbie. Maybe it was a few bad apples

That might be the best thing to take from this conversation. With there only being one TD group, it's most likely that you won't have passing rules in place like you'd see in the beginner group at another TD.

you just said it. TRACK DAYS this is a friday pratice... most track day guys i have met don't have a clue and don't want to learn.
showing up with stock bodywork street tires and rubber brake lines...clueless wonders.
If it's not a track day why did they let us in with our street bikes?

Point is I was in the slowest group to which I thought was a track day. I did not know it's solely for "racers". If I did do you really think I would of suggested it for new guys to try a track day?

Weird most track day guys I meet are down to earth. You must be a exception.

So I guess everyone is supposed to have a race bike to do a trackday, whatever. Does anyone know how newman is?

So I guess everyone is supposed to have a race bike to do a trackday, whatever. Does anyone know how newman is?

What I heard, Femur in2 places... Which is horrible
Crashing on a pit bike In a dress and lipstick.... For the nurses... Priceless

Thank you ; Mikey Moto, Blue Streak Racing, JT Sprockets, HiFlo Filters, Cycle Pro, Dyno-Jet. For your help and support.
www.cementheadracing.ca

It's common to have different passing rules for different groups at a TD. Being a "Trackday Group" its understandable that some riders might expect some ground rules for passing.

That might be the best thing to take from this conversation. With there only being one TD group, it's most likely that you won't have passing rules in place like you'd see in the beginner group at another TD.

Point is I was in the slowest group to which I thought was a track day. I did not know it's solely for "racers". If I did do you really think I would of suggested it for new guys to try a track day?

Weird most track day guys I meet are down to earth. You must be a exception.

Everyone knows why they still sell spots to track day riders for the Friday practice days, and it was mentioned earlier. Money. The day is hosted as a joint day between GBR and SOAR. Perhaps GBR should just change their sign-up page to show only Advanced Group for the Friday practice days. This is one of the reasons that I stopped doing the Friday "track days"...

What I heard, Femur in2 places... Which is horrible
Crashing on a pit bike In a dress and lipstick.... For the nurses... Priceless

Damn, broke mine a couple years back. Get well soon.

I don't ride at the Friday track days because they don't have green group rules. I know that it is a "race practice" day. The person who runs the day made that clear at the riders meeting last year when I was there. It would be best if Grand Bend would not sell a begginer group for these Friday's or if they do they should require the person running the day to enforce beginner group rules.

Back
Top Bottom