Grand bend lapping friday july 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Grand bend lapping friday july 10

rescue

does anyone know the last day for pre-register for the 10th lapping at gbm?
$100 pre.....anyone know the cost if you miss the pre register?

Shows on grand bends website that it's still $100. Last time I did a track evening they allowed the pre register price til noon the day prior.

Last edited:
I registered on Tuesday for beginner group & still got the $100 price.
Will be my 1st time at Grand Bend & only my 3rd track day so I'm looking forward to it.

Grand Bend pre-registration ends the day before. The last time I called and asked I was told that they don't run the credit cards until the afternoon before the track day.

There is concessions that are open on race weekends for sure. Sobeys is just down the road and there is also Tim Hortons, Subway, and some other places 5 minutes from the track.

Quick question anyone know if there's a place to buy food during lunch?
Not at the track. Town is only 5 minutes away that has restaurants, timmies, subway, and grocery stores.

There is concessions that are open on race weekends for sure. Sobeys is just down the road and there is also Tim Hortons, Subway, and some other places 5 minutes from the track.
Concessions are never open on race weekends except for the all bike weekend which was last round.

Great track. Loved the reverse screaming alien layout. Love that long left hander. Took me a while to get comfortable. Sad I probably won't have the opportunity to ride it again for a while.

I was in the beginers group friday. Holy crap there were fast guys in there. Obviously it had something to do with soar weekend. I can hold my own in intermediate in tmp and smp. But there were some guys flying in "slow" group and passing in every corner. I felt bad for the new guys that were with me. Totally intimidating. There must of been like 30 people at any given time in that small track. Seemed like organized chaos.

I agree, same level as you, people were not only fast, but passing were they shouldn't, whoever runs that day only cares about soar, the Friday track day guy's only add revenue to soar, somebody id gonna get hurt!

See it at almost every track day. Guys/gals with litre bikes, quick shifts, programmed for max HP yet in the beginner sessions flying by. Don't know if its an ego thing, intimidation or lack of confidence? Maybe learning how to better pass another rider or share the same space. Beginners are beginning to learn and make mistakes and could throw a rider off behind them, results ending badly.

I heard about Friday from the other side of things (SOAR). People blowing through red flags, not attending / not paying attention during rider's meeting, etc. We had our own set of issues during the weekend ... 4 red flags during endurance, a few more during the sprint races, and one during the pit bike race on Sunday. Full moon or something? Some of it was bad luck ... others were completely avoidable. There's no excuse for blowing through 4 marshal stations with waving red flags and only stopping when coming face-to-face with the ambulance on track ... I hope all the folks with broken bones heal up properly. I love racing, but I don't like seeing people get hurt.

I was in the slow group Friday & I am pretty slow as I only got into riding again this season & yes, I was getting passed on the entry & exit of corners, I actually thought I'd gone out with wrong group at first ha ha.
Some real fast guys in that slow group but I never felt intimidated by the passing & had a great day but yes, the number of red flags in our group sucked, hope they are all ok.
Heard about the guy ignoring the red flag but didn't see him myself.
All in all I had a great day and would definitely do the SOAR GBM lapping day again.

That's the problem with the race practice days, there is no slow group. Track day group, slow racer group, fast racer group. So you would get someone like me and someone like you in the same group at the same time. No matter how safe all of us are being, **** happens sometimes with 20 seconds difference in lap times.

That's the problem with the race practice days, there is no slow group. Track day group, slow racer group, fast racer group. So you would get someone like me and someone like you in the same group at the same time. No matter how safe all of us are being, **** happens sometimes with 20 seconds difference in lap times.

So during the Soar practice/track days, do the Racers just slot themselves in any of the groups? Or do they get slotted in Red/Fast group? Genuinely curious.

Back
Top Bottom