New rider in Whitby | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider in Whitby

Hi members,
I am new to the forum so hello everyone
Can anyone advise me on this,i have read this a couple of times "don't change lanes if they ask you to even if the car is 25 car spaces behind as they are doing more then the speed limit and if they have to stop or slow down would be considered dangerous" what is the logic behind it other then explained because that not how u drive in real world,I am taking my test in Oshawa in July any specific pointers would be great i.e test route ,things to watch out for.
Thanks

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Hi members,
I am new to the forum so hello everyone
Can anyone advise me on this,i have read this a couple of times "don't change lanes if they ask you to even if the car is 25 car spaces behind as they are doing more then the speed limit and if they have to stop or slow down would be considered dangerous" what is the logic behind it other then explained because that not how u drive in real world,I am taking my test in Oshawa in July any specific pointers would be great i.e test route ,things to watch out for.
Thanks
Welcome - Context is a wonderful thing.
You have read 'this' where, in the rider handbook? Someone giving tips for when you take the test?

Taking the riders test is more to do with showing that you know the rules of the road than how you ride in the real world, if I rode in the real world like I rode when I took the test, I would probably have been run over by now.

Use common sense, if they ask you to change lanes and you see a car approaching at high speeds and you feel is not safe or that person will be cut off by your action, then don't do it. The instructors will not ask you to do something that is dangerous so don't over think it.

You are better off using your energy in finding out the route and riding it on your own a bunch of time so you are familiar with the route, nothing worse than to take a test while you are not familiar with the area.

Good luck and stop listening to people lol, just read the Handbook and use common sense.

Thanks ZX600 I will keep this in mind i read it here at the forum that don't change the lane as it almost always is risky but thanks for the clarification ,i guess riding normally and using common sense is the way to go.
Thanks for the reply

Welcome to the forum.
As far as your question goes, take ZX600's advice. Also, if you read further down in that particular thread, I think someone states just not to switch lanes if there is any traffic. When they ask why you didn't, you respond that it was not safe to do so.

You have gotten excellent advice. "some" of the drivers in the tail car, (Service ontario people), will actually, switch lanes as they ask you to do so, so that they in effect, become a "blocker" Just do what ever you feel is safe at the time and conditions.

Back
Top Bottom