07 zx6r no balls | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

07 zx6r no balls

Those are some smooth hands! No homo.
Although I will probably never have a track bike, I love reading these threads, and am genuinely impressed at all the knowledge you guys have. I get frustrated / lost replacing a signal light

Hahaha. I got nothing after that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you end up changing the coils? and does this happen as soon as you start your bike? does the sound of the bike change? ignition pick up sensor voltage ?

V

Fuel pump.

This.

I'm going to say no. I didn't see any indication of it. This is what I pulled out. And yes I know what it looks like lol
f34bfed3d4501bb0470676f09996c17f.jpg

That is a lot of trash in the strainer.

Did you check your in line fuel filter.

There isn't one.

Actually, that's not quite true. There is one (to protect the injectors if the fuel pump self destructs - which appears to have happened here) but it's built into the housing that the pump itself is built into, and is not possible to either inspect or replace separately from the entire fuel pump assembly.

The ZX10R of that era had fuel pump issues, too ... very similar arrangement. Been there ...

If the trash on the strainer screen restricts the inlet of the electric pump badly enough that the pump cavitates, the pump will self-destruct and throw even more trash into the system and eventually clog up that internal filter.

Kawasaki will only sell you an entire fuel pump assembly which includes the pump itself and the strainer-screen and the regulator and the internal filter. It's expensive.

Replacements for the pump and strainer are available and reasonably priced:

http://www.felcoproductsllc.com/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Rep...6RR-/271253486943?hash=item3f27f7bd5f&vxp=mtr

I replaced the pump in my ZX10R with one of those, and it seems to be working.

My 07 zx6 had a dirty fuel screen, I cleaned it with seafoam, but it only lasted part of a trackday. It basically collapsed on it self and wouldn't draw fuel. I put a used pump in and it worked fine. But I see on ebay now you can buy a fuel screen and just the internal pump for cheap.

did you end up changing the coils? and does this happen as soon as you start your bike? does the sound of the bike change? ignition pick up sensor voltage ?

V

I didn't just yet. I was told my numbers are good. All within where they should be. I was also told testing hot and having all the numbers roughly the same is fine too. Which they were
Bike idles perfect. From the second I start it. It is only as I get going and open the throttle. !

This.

That is a lot of trash in the strainer.

There isn't one.

Actually, that's not quite true. There is one (to protect the injectors if the fuel pump self destructs - which appears to have happened here) but it's built into the housing that the pump itself is built into, and is not possible to either inspect or replace separately from the entire fuel pump assembly.

The ZX10R of that era had fuel pump issues, too ... very similar arrangement. Been there ...

If the trash on the strainer screen restricts the inlet of the electric pump badly enough that the pump cavitates, the pump will self-destruct and throw even more trash into the system and eventually clog up that internal filter.

Kawasaki will only sell you an entire fuel pump assembly which includes the pump itself and the strainer-screen and the regulator and the internal filter. It's expensive.

Replacements for the pump and strainer are available and reasonably priced:

http://www.felcoproductsllc.com/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Rep...6RR-/271253486943?hash=item3f27f7bd5f&vxp=mtr

I replaced the pump in my ZX10R with one of those, and it seems to be working.

Great info. Thanks a lot.
You know what I may just order one regardless of that being the issue or not. As by my research it seems this is an issue with these bikes.
So for now I'll order the pump and worse case I'll have an extra.
As you noted above it would be pretty hard for it to pass and get into the internal filter. So I'll try the pump assembly first.

just an fyi
i messaged felco thru their ebay store, and the reply i got was from a user on the HK/Chinese ebay site.

just an fyi
i messaged felco thru their ebay store, and the reply i got was from a user on the HK/Chinese ebay site.

Ya I noticed that as well. Placed order and should be here soon I hope so we will see

There is no secondary cable. it is done by an actuator.

I am still having difficulty thinking it's a fuel filter/screen.

According to the service manual these are the list of potential problems. cross off what you have checked.
Poor Running or No Power at High
Speed:
Firing incorrect:
Spark plug dirty, broken, or maladjusted
Spark plug incorrect
Stick coil shorted or not in good contact
trouble
Stick coil trouble
ECU trouble
Fuel/air mixture incorrect:
Air cleaner clogged, poorly sealed, or missing
Air cleaner housing holder loose