Track progression, how did you do yours? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track progression, how did you do yours?

Started street riding on a 250, got a 636 in my second season and used it to do the Turn2 school at Calabogie. Took ARC1 but was bumped to ARC2 in the afternoon. Did 5 or 6 trackdays over the next 2 years on a DR-Z400SM and SV650 before selling all my street stuff to go racing last year on an '02 F4i.

Completed all 3 stages of FAST in the years 2000-2004. Purchased a SOAR licence in 2008 at the bike show.
August 2010, Borrowed a streetbike, showed up at TMP two days before my very first race, and spent the day learning the track.
two days later, arrived on my racebike and started racing.

rode lots of built rz350 on street and rz500's, crashed a bunch. tried a track day at st.eustache. on a 1989 gsxr'r 7/11. 1995. crashed twice in the back bowl. same exact spot. signed up to race in 1996 am superbike on same 7/11. finished third got turned pro that year.

Show off!

trail riding on motocross bike(s) ~ 8 years. (BEST SCHOOL EVER!)

FAST 1,2,3. in the 1990's

year off

took a $300 katana 1100a/c with charging issues. wired it for total loss. put on $300 race tires, thurs race school, friday practice, and picked up a trophy on sunday (RACE club cup). at this point i had never done a track day(only fri practice & schools).

following year raced an rg250 in lwt and 250gp for a full season.

the rg250 was by far the most fun. Jeff Waller (RIP) was winning all on his NS400r.[/I]

Last edited:
Believe me. I would have loved to stay am. And win a championship. Back then it had some weight behind it. I got thrown to the Sharks. I did almost win a pro superbike race my rookie year. Last lap t6 my crank snapped in two. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom