Default touring photo width is too narrow | GTAMotorcycle.com

Default touring photo width is too narrow

MacDoc

Site Supporter
I sent this suggestion along but would like other views...some of the photos...Lightcycles and l84toff are terrific but show too small in the thread to fully enjoy. It's tedious to click each one.

GTAM and Strom share the same issue...default width of photos is too narrow to fully enjoy the pics

The standard photo width for default is too narrow in my view to show touring photos properly

compare the default width here

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27055670&postcount=1693

with the same post on the Strom forum which uses the same default as here
http://www.stromtrooper.com/3289145-post33.html

The CairnsRider post looks better IMNSHO

Would be a nice upgrade....
I know you can can click to get full size but most don't

Thoughts??

Examples of widths

comparison

versus getting the detail without having to click.

The width is settable by management an in my view the default here is too narrow.

same shots - bit better than the first but still not wide enough in my opinion

Last edited:
does the smaller size make it load faster? Or get a bigger screen? I just click on the ones I really want to see.

I prefer the larger size, they way they do it on advrider.com

Would rather large pictures to look at when scrolling rather then clicking to see everything.

? Or get a bigger screen?
not quite sure you get the concept....screen size has nothing to do with pixel count.

A narrative flows better when the pictures show the detail

As to loading faster
turn off images if you want and in reality clicking to get the actual size so you can see the detail slows things considerably as you then access the source image which is often a very slow pinwheel process for hosting like Photobucket.

500 pixels wide is too narrow....800 would be much better considering the text box itself I am typing on is 750.
Makes zero sense

Riders like Lightcycle etc annd Oomis spend time and effort on their road trip stories and images....at the very least the forum could display them properly

Other forums do it better, period - there is no reason not to do it here.

Last edited:
does the smaller size make it load faster? Or get a bigger screen? I just click on the ones I really want to see.

With todays internet speeds, there should be no real issues with pages loaded with pictures. Bigger screen size will not fix anything. I am on a 27" 5k screen and the pictures are tiny.

Back
Top Bottom