So I tried my dad's r6... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So I tried my dad's r6...

I got a quote from my current insurance company for the 08 r6s and it was 6.3k...

I guess I'm waiting until next year to try again, I'll be 25 so maybe i'll get a decent discount.

I got a quote from my current insurance company for the 08 r6s and it was 6.3k...

I guess I'm waiting until next year to try again, I'll be 25 so maybe i'll get a decent discount.

try state farm

You make carbs seem like they are hard to deal with or somethin' lol. Easier to fix than electronics frying!! Effort to get going on a cold day: flick down choke, start, let sit for 30 seconds to a minute, flick up, ride.

Maybe I'm just old school.... I've had bikes with FI before, just pressing a button and going off seems kinda weird for me. I'd still start and let it sit for a minute lol.

ide consider them to be more temperamental (like my x-gf) than a FI, sure you can deal with their BS on cold or damp morning but some times you just want the thing to do what its suppose to when you hit start and dont have time for its warm up bs.

ill have a carbed bike again, but i wont be selling my 600rr.
honestly cant wait to find something to start the build....really want to do another sportster.

... and what does he do? lol

To the OP - so the next bike is gonna be ... ? Oh, I guess we'll wait a day or two for that thread to appear. ;)

I'm definitely taking my dad's R6s off his hands. But likely not until next year when I can get a decent insurance rate :)

I'm definitely taking my dad's R6s off his hands. But likely not until next year when I can get a decent insurance rate :)
If you can "share" the bike with him and keep the insurance under him name for a year until your rate gets slightly more reasonable then that should work sweet.

If you can "share" the bike with him and keep the insurance under him name for a year until your rate gets slightly more reasonable then that should work sweet.

Might be a little bit of a stretch because I live 3 hours away from him in a big metropolitan city. A city filled with cab drivers that love to cut people off (and not care about it). I wouldn't want to risk getting in an accident and having to explain why the bike was all the way here.

Back
Top Bottom