SIU investigation of motorcycle running from cops.. | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SIU investigation of motorcycle running from cops..

Point being simple. As everything else has changed in the world, so has the traditional pirate looking rider who was the "biker" of the 60's, 70's. These are the new "bikers."

https://youtu.be/GZjRwjJeG1w

If these are the new "bikers", I for one do not shed any tears when "bikers" like that, more accurately called thugs, end up under an SUV's wheels or even under the ground. Society is better off with them, and the sooner they are driven or ridden into extinction the better.

If these are the new "bikers", I for one do not shed any tears when "bikers" like that, more accurately called thugs, end up under an SUV's wheels or even under the ground. Society is better off with them, and the sooner they are driven or ridden into extinction the better.

While I certainly do NOT condone their behaviour nor do I wish harm or death upon anyone. Mob mentaility took over plain and simple, in this case they were on motorcycles, could have been walkers, joggers, or cyclist. If you see someone of an identifiable group that your part of getting injured you don't think rationally, and then the mob mentaility takes over.

But that is not a reason to wish ill of them, we were all young and stupid at some point.

The original bikers were thugs.

By way of counter example, here's what 'real' bikers are like. Years ago at the Supershow (International Centre), at the time when the HA were absorbing the other clubs, there were a lot of prospects around. One prospect got bumped by a civvy and started getting bent out of shape, swearing, and generally getting in the face of the guy who bumped into him and had already apologized. A punch was thrown, after which the civvy dropped the prospect. The several full patch members, who were also there, just looked at the prospect in disgust for being such an idiot.

... just like that mob in New York were.

This thread is a fun read. I guess the real Mat Mladin is just a rider not a biker by forum MLadin's definition.
The real Matt Mladin is both. A total rebel that wouldn't do things the way the AMA wanted, so he told them to F off and left. His reaction to the media on his teammate Ben Spies leaving MotoGP? "******* pussy."

Last edited:
This thread has gone off-topic A rider is dead and some of you wished him ill will because he ran and the barrier was smashed in half. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Every supersport rider heads out with HTA172 in mind. Like it or not, most run, and most get away. A cornered animal given the options of two lesser evils will choose one. So he ran and he died and some of you wished him ill will for it.

Last edited:
While I certainly do NOT condone their behaviour nor do I wish harm or death upon anyone. Mob mentaility took over plain and simple, in this case they were on motorcycles, could have been walkers, joggers, or cyclist. If you see someone of an identifiable group that your part of getting injured you don't think rationally, and then the mob mentaility takes over.

But that is not a reason to wish ill of them, we were all young and stupid at some point.

I'm not wishing them harm. I'm saying that I just don't much care if it happens to them. Big difference. The thug mentality behind them should be driven to extinction.

Can you show where ANYONE has wished this rider ill will? One poster said the ones in NY an d those like them should suffer injury or death, But that has been rebuked.

A supersport rider is FAR FAR thing from a "cornered animal" Again YOUR the one disrepecting people by lumping them all into one category (supersport rider = automatic runner). There are likely (of course doing the riding season), hundreds of riders stopped daily in Ontario for various reasons, Yet YOU are the one that contends if they are on a supersport the ONLY outcome is going to be a s172. PLEASE FEEL FREE to post the sats to prove your silly, childish, and prejudiced view point.

Not every supersport rider does things that results in an automatic s172. If you live in fear of getting a s172 then why do you even ride? Did you ever consider maybe just maybe it is YOU? coupled of course with your riding style, and obvious self entitled, special snowflake, chip on your shoulder attitude? Otherwise how do you account for so many other supersport riders being able to "enjoy" their bikes without the default setting of RUN RUN RUN at ALL and ANY costs? There are ALWAYS options for your "cornered animal" Try riding RESPONSIBLY, and if yu do commit an infraction then take your lumps like a MAN not a child and flee placing other road users at danger. That my friend is what being a responsible adult and a MAN are about. Even the "bikers" you seem to idolize understand you take responsibility and man up.

You realize that your comments merely assist those who would stereotype a super sport rider? This includes the Police, but then I guess you will say that is wrong, (which it is), but your stereotyping police is all good. I guess other super sport riders are just WAY more intelligent and responsible than you, and they realize there is a place and a time to ride the bike to it's full potential.. it is called a TRACK NOT the street, or they choose the time and place a little better.

This thread has gone off-topic A rider is dead and some of you wished him ill will because he ran and the barrier was smashed in half. You should be ****ing ashamed of yourselves. Every supersport rider heads out with HTA172 in mind. Like it or not, most run, and most get away. A cornered animal given no options but two lesser evils will fight back any way he can. So he ran and he died and some of you wished him ill will for it. I repeat on behalf of supersport riders that understand HTA172, **** you you punk-*** losers. I'd drop you where you stood if you said what you wrote in this thread in front of me!

Last edited:
Well this crap got out of hand as usual. Stereotypes everywhere. No one wished the rider ill will. If you choose to run then obviously you feel you were doing something bad enough to warrant it. If you feel that you need to ride on the road like that and you and something happens to you then don't expect a lot of people to feel sorry for you. To blame the cops is ridiculous. They don't hate every ss bike either. This whole general public **** the police and I'm above the rules because I think I can get away on a bike has to go that's problem number one. Does it suck someone lost his life in this incident? Absolutely and I feel for his friends and family. Sadly it happened because he made a poor decision. If very time you ride your first concern is 172 then stop riding on the road and stick to track. If threatening to drop us where we stand for opposing your opinion makes you feel better than all the power to you. Best of luck with that one. It's called time and a place friend and sadly 90% of riders don't get it.

This thread has gone off-topic A rider is dead and some of you wished him ill will...

Be fair MLadin, it's quite the opposite. This thread has so much traction because we are all genuinely concerned about motorcycle safety and do not want a repeat of this needless tragedy. And I will grant you that yes, laws and police may be a factor. Also manufacturers and their marketing, lax licensing regimes, the poor state of Toronto's roads and so on. But I'm sure you agree that we make our own decisions (sometimes in the heat of the moment) and should take responsibility for them. I tend not to make seriously bad decisions because if there is even a very small chance of a mistake having a big impact I will err on the side of caution (well, other than riding in the first place I suppose). Perhaps SS riders have a higher risk tolerance, but you should at least be realistic and honest about it. Yes, I ride a fast bike, sometimes at very high speeds. I know that I am increasing my risk of involvement with the justice system, of injury, and of death. I decide to continue anyway knowing the risks so I have no choice but to take responsibility for any misfortune that comes my way. I will not expose other people to danger through my actions. I shall also be responsible and ensure that my dependents are taken care of and that I have a living will.. Sound reasonable? If not, I agree with Roomie that perhaps the track is the place for you. Pure riding: no mob, no attitude, no ********, no cops. Perform or shut up. What could be better?

I'm going back to my drugs now.

...... I repeat on behalf of supersport riders that understand HTA172, **** you you punk-*** losers. I'd drop you where you stood if you said what you wrote in this thread in front of me!

This is where you lose any credibility you may have once had. You just made my ignore list. Congrats, you're the first !!

This is where you lose any credibility you may have once had. You just made my ignore list. Congrats, you're the first !!

I wish that I'd seen the original comment before it was pulled down. As my rule is to not say anything to someone online that I wouldn't say to their face, I guess that I'd have been "dropped."

What did I miss?

STGIV.gif

What did I miss?

STGIV.gif

See the quote in post 152^. The one where Mladin pisses all over everyone with an opinion and pretty much threatens to drop everybody. Lol :D

I don't hear anyone asking what the drunk driver's last thoughts were.

Why would you? We are just lucky when a drunk driver erases only themselves and not someone we care about.

Why would you? We are just lucky when a drunk driver erases only themselves and not someone we care about.

I dont. Merely a futile attempt to illustrate a point to mladin; when someone is making a choice that could harm everyone else, I couldnt care less what their thoughts were

I dont. Merely a futile attempt to illustrate a point to mladin; when someone is making a choice that could harm everyone else, I couldnt care less what their thoughts were

We are on the same page. Thanks for the clarity.

This thread has been done over and over on this forum. Comparing a rider running to a drunk driver makes zero sense. The question remains, "is a speeding ticket worth killing someone?" The answer is a resounding NO! As a result of lawsuits, police services across North America are taking this attitude of "let em go, we'll get them another time," Including Toronto Police Services. If you think a speeding violation / ticket is worth the death of someone , then you will have much to answer for at the end of this, your life.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom