Motorcycle unfriendly establishments | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle unfriendly establishments

I've only been twice to kc. Last time was a quick stop in the way home this weekend. It was cool. Couple bikes nothing big but then the awesome shitbox honda kids started with the burnouts and living their lives 19 seconds at a time leaving the parking lot and coming back. Next thing you know, there's the rather annoyed looking cops. Time to go.

The first time there was so many vests and bros it was sickening. Wheelies out. Racing down the road to tear into the parking lot..... full of cops. I thought belfountain was bad. The city really is "different" If people can't see why business owners don't want that crap then there's something really wrong.

The KC scene has been a bit of a mess lately, mostly due to RioCan (the property management) having their security company, LK Protection, harassing people on the property.

They've recently put up signs enforcing a 2-hour parking limit, as well as no parking from 12am-7am -- including in the 24hr Tim Horton's lot. A few friends have been booted off the property as soon as they showed up legitimately trying to grab food/drinks, and not just during the "no parking" timeframe. I've personally been cornered by security & police twice over the last few years -- once at Timmies which I shortly after found out was immediately after the June 2011 shutdown, once when I was at Metro buying groceries late at night quite some time after that. Not an experience I'd like to repeat, and all just because I chose to do my errands on my motorcycle.

The LK guy randomly shows up, usually tells just the riders, sometimes tells cagers too that they are "not welcome here" despite their business, and that property management has asked them to leave. Usually he promptly takes off and either sits in the Rona alleyway watching, or hides over by where AMC used to be and calls the cops telling them to remove everyone.

I totally understand and support this when people are doing stupid ****, but lately it feels a lot more like harassment and discrimination. They claim we're scaring away customers, meanwhile they're forcefully removing all of us who are also paying customers ourselves. They give everyone -- whether you're on a bike, in a car, or on foot -- 10 minutes to clear out before tickets/towings start happening -- what happens to the people who are sitting inside Timmies or one of the other businesses there who had no idea, just to come out to their bike or car being ticketed or towed?

I guess, you stop buying from those stores if you can. Mention this policy to the store owners if you'd like things changed.

I guess, you stop buying from those stores if you can. Mention this policy to the store owners if you'd like things changed.

I've actually sent letters to RioCan regarding the matters, but they never respond.

A few friends approached management at Timmies and it's clear they want us there; I know the folks at Teriyaki Experience also love having us around... the security/police enforcement is not something they've ever requested. My guess would be some whiny bike-fearing twit called and complained at some point and RioCan want to play the hero.

Home depot.

I know that my city councillor is working on a by-law proposal for bike noise, but the taxpayers want an actual bike ban with thousands of signatures.
I can't blame them. All these unique snowflakes with their Akras and Hardlys don't understand the droning and thumping is relentless on weekends well into the night.

In the long run, we are all really better off with a stock pipe law.

In the long run, we are all really better off with a stock pipe law.

Mine would still be too noisy.

pf34pTw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom