Good thing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good thing

hedo2002

Site Supporter
It is a good thing ONE of us was paying attention. I was just about to the shop travelling West along Langstaff road from Bayview. The speed limit on this road is 40 km, (it should be at least 50). As I was preparing to make a left turn onto a side street. I checked my mirror. There was a pickup behind me and then a sport bike behind that. The only reason I knew the bike was there was because of the road curves.

I activated my signal WELL in advance so the bike would see I was turning. Didn't matter the jackass just goes WOT, he blew by both of us at 100k + Had I not been paying attention I would have turned across his path where there is a utility pole right on the other side of the intersection, as well as a ditch with a culvert. It would have made his day VERY VERY bad.

So the the fool wearing hi Viz lime green pants and a black jacket, with a blue helmet on what looked like a GSXR, Your welcome. Maybe next time pay attention as to why vehicles in front of your are slowing and it MIGHT just save you from a whole world of hurt. Cause this would have been one left hand turner who was NOT at fault. If you need to travel in this area at 100km+ the 407 is a mere 100 metres to the North.

If you choose to continue to ride like this your riding career I fear, will be relatively short, and not end well for you.

Interestingly enough, as per the Ontario fault determination rule 10.5, if you had collided you would be 25% at fault.

Note, this is the insurance rules, not my opinion of common sense. As usual, even though fault may lie with the other party, I'd suggest avoidance of grevious bodily harm is up to the person holding the handlebars.

Wasn't even the FDR that deterred me, but rather how it would have screwed up my day. not to mention his..lol Just trying to save him, (should he read this), how truly foolish his riding behaviour was, and it wouldn't have ended well for him. When I said I wouldn't have been at fault, I was referring to the GTAM mentality that would have said a cage is ALWAYS at fault when turning. I would have been making a left turn but traveling in the same direction as the rider.

Interestingly enough, as per the Ontario fault determination rule 10.5, if you had collided you would be 25% at fault.

Note, this is the insurance rules, not my opinion of common sense. As usual, even though fault may lie with the other party, I'd suggest avoidance of grevious bodily harm is up to the person holding the handlebars.

Was east bound on hwy 7 yesterday. seen the same rider heading west bound towards Bayview. Your riding days are likely to be measured in months perhaps a FEW years you keep riding like you are... Certainly not along sustained approach to safe riding.

And in that dreadful place
Those spooky, empty pants and I
were standing face to face!
I yelled for help. I screamed. I shrieked.
I howled. I yowled. I cried,
“OH, SAVE ME FROM THESE PALE
GREEN PANTS WITH NOBODY INSIDE!”
But then a strange thing happened.
Why, those pants began to cry!
Those pants began to tremble.
They were just as scared as I!
I never heard such whimpering
And I began to see
That I was just as strange to them
As they were strange to me!

Unknown1.jpeg