off duty cop | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

off duty cop

If a random car (non-obvious cop) makes moves on a country road that suggest they want me to stop, I'm outta there. I've had it happen. I doubt if the vehicle in question was a cop - probably just someone who doesn't like bikes and was trying to stir up trouble - but I left the vicinity with acceleration and speed that a Chrysler minivan would not be capable of.
Actually there are several undercover TPS units that use chyrsler minivans, But not many are use on deserted back roads. :lmao:

Wouldn't tell you to do anything your not comfortable with nor who you should or sholdn't trust. As I said just providing, generalized info for others who may choose to use it.

Calling 911 to verify is the best solution but is not always possible.

Driving to a gas station, timmies, etc is much smarter than just pulling over to the side of the road.

If it occurs on a dark country road you wouldn't be able to read their ID at all, and maybe not even be able to see that they're even showing you a badge/ID let alone verify its authenticity.

I have zero reason to trust any cop ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually there are several undercover TPS units that use chyrsler minivans, But not many are use on deserted back roads. :lmao:

Years ago OPP set up a van and dressed like surveyors, to camouflage their RADAR setup on Wellington 52 (off of Forks of the Credit Road). Orange reflective vests and the works.

A cop in such a situation should not overreact to a person not pulling over if that person, say, committed a moving violation (e.g. did not hit someone, did not commit a felony etc) or something. That cop should recognize people can get cagey and spooked; he himself should simply follow the person at a respectable distance and call for a marked car and uniformed officer to make the stop. He can come up behind the cruiser and inform the officer what he saw.

I too would be hard pressed to stop for a random guy in a random car flashing some "ID" and motioning for me to stop. I would categorically tell my wife to not stop for such a person under any circumstances. As long as worst I/she may have done is a moving violation the cops and the DA shouldn't make a federal case out of a failure to stop under those circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom