off duty cop | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

off duty cop

He may have been carrying his own weapon off duty, but I can assure it wasn't "legally carried off duty". It wouldn't have been sanctioned by the chief and Police Services Board. If he had ever pulled or used it off duty he would have been facing Police Act Charges, at the least if not criminal charges of carry concealed weapon. Officers must obtain exemptions to carry off duty. In the US it is much more widely accepted and expected not so here in the great white north..lol

Many years ago I knew a cop that bought his own handgun and legally carried it off duty. He had some other power trip issues as well.

It was a .22 revolver. Why not just carry a bag of rocks and a slingshot?

Really not a good idea from many aspects if you think about it.

He may have been carrying his own weapon off duty, but I can assure it wasn't "legally carried off duty". It wouldn't have been sanctioned by the chief and Police Services Board. If he had ever pulled or used it off duty he would have been facing Police Act Charges, at the least if not criminal charges of carry concealed weapon. Officers must obtain exemptions to carry off duty. In the US it is much more widely accepted and expected not so here in the great white north..lol

This was many decades ago but it's a moot point. Up here it was just a bad idea coupled to a bad attitude. He didn't last long on the force.

Using the same logic.... So could anyone else.

cops will get the "glove treatment".
anyone else will be butt raped by the "justice" system

as always: two sets of rules

Well here is a scenario that played out yesterday: female in Longo's yesterday...tall, long dark hair, heels, dressed in all black, attractive. She turns around, and she's got a holster on her jeans, mid back. Upon closer inspection, she had some tiny badge on her hip. Didn't know what to make of it, had the kids and was hungry, so we left. What do you make of that? I thought only police in uniform can carry a handgun?

And old-clothes and plain-clothes cops are supposed to be unarmed when on duty? How British of you.

Sorry, typing in the phone, not really putting in all details. It wasn't a badge per se, but something that looked like a police logo.
A plain clothes officer would have his gun concealed, wouldn't he? I'm not too knowledgeable about these matters, that's why I was asking. Truthfully, if she didn't have legs that started here with us mortals and made their way to the heavens, I probably would not have noticed the gun.

Oh, and what's"old clothes"? Undercover?

Oh, and what's"old clothes"? Undercover?

Yup, so they can blend in with whatever group they are trying to blend in amongst, as opposed to suits for investigative units. A suit doesn't really let you blend in unless you are trying to infiltrate other suits. Not usually the case with street crime.

The main point is this. Who was riding your bike? Not u, the end.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Armoured car types also carry handguns and badges but I would hope they don't carry them while off duty. Define Off-duty. En route a guard parks the truck and makes a personal pickup because it's convenient???

Well here is a scenario that played out yesterday: female in Longo's yesterday...tall, long dark hair, heels, dressed in all black, attractive. She turns around, and she's got a holster on her jeans, mid back. Upon closer inspection, she had some tiny badge on her hip. Didn't know what to make of it, had the kids and was hungry, so we left. What do you make of that? I thought only police in uniform can carry a handgun?

Common for police detectives down south, not sure how it is here. Probably similar.

Similar experience in a Diner. Tall Female,ponytail, Long legs. Dressed in black slacks. Weapon on her hip, holstered. Openly displayed. Her weapon that is. Lol.
Couple of other guys with her. Assumed she was a detective, or CBSA.
Did not see any badges.
She could put me in handcuffs anytime. Might let her have her way with me, if she asked nicely.

Similar experience in a Diner. Tall Female,ponytail, Long legs. Dressed in black slacks. Weapon on her hip, holstered. Openly displayed. Her weapon that is. Lol.
Couple of other guys with her. Assumed she was a detective, or CBSA.
Did not see any badges.
She could put me in handcuffs anytime. Might let her have her way with me, if she asked nicely.

Rofl, "only if she asked nicely"

Edit: Sry didnt notice the thread was last replied to a month ago.

Lol @ off duty cops trying to do anything.

The happened to me twice

First time I did a u-turn and slightly cut off a off duty cop in a tuck behind me while doing so. He pulls next to me flashing his badge saying pull over, I said no way and drove home, nothing came of it.

Second time someone was right up my *** driving very close so I slammed the brakes, he pulls next to me at a red light and reaches for something and before he shows me I said "let me guess your a off duty cop". As I laugh, he says yep and show me his badge saying pull over *******, I then tell him to **** right off and go back to work, Later that day a cop shows up to my work asking my boss who was driving and my boss being smart enough said nothing. The end. Cops think they have power when off duty but they don't.

Come on Joe
Sorry, typing in the phone, not really putting in all details. It wasn't a badge per se, but something that looked like a police logo.
A plain clothes officer would have his gun concealed, wouldn't he? I'm not too knowledgeable about these matters, that's why I was asking. Truthfully, if she didn't have legs that started here with us mortals and made their way to the heavens, I probably would not have noticed the gun.

Come on Joe... you probably fell and could not get up. While rocking back and forth on your belly you happened to notice the legs. You looked up and seen the weapon tucked in the skirt. I find if I go down I give it three good rocks on the belly and I can then spring back up on to my feet

If he was a cop?
Too bad. He should've called the colleges.
It happened to me a few weeks back.
F-150 following us on qew coming from niagara.
Really close like tailgating us.
He pulls next to me and pointing finger to the side and I can read he's mouth screaming to pull over.
I just popped two gear down and said later bro.
How can u actually follow the bike without light on risking people life on the highway?

There have been cases of people impersonating officers and then robbing/car jacking people when they stop. No thanks. If they want me to stop they can send a uniformed officer in a proper cruiser, especially at night.

I had some lady yell at me that she was an off duty cop when I pulled an ebrake stop into a parking spot back when I was 18. I ignored her.

Back
Top Bottom