off duty cop | GTAMotorcycle.com

off duty cop

I have had this happen to me before. The individual made claims of being a officer. Having stopped before in this situation, I would recommend not stopping. Essentially the police need to identify themselves as a officer to force you to stop, I am uncertain regarding uniforms but I would think the officer should be in uniform to put the person they are pulling over at ease.
If it were to happen again I wouldn't stop unless they were in uniform and in a proper vehicle, just too many crazies these days. I think you would definitely be able to defend your decision in court.

If he was a cop?
Too bad. He should've called the colleges.
It happened to me a few weeks back.
F-150 following us on qew coming from niagara.
Really close like tailgating us.
He pulls next to me and pointing finger to the side and I can read he's mouth screaming to pull over.
I just popped two gear down and said later bro.
How can u actually follow the bike without light on risking people life on the highway?

Last edited:
Well he chased me down. When I stopped he told me to pull over. I told him that he couldn't since he wasn't a cop. He said he was and started getting out of his vehicle so I split and got the hell out of there. I am just concerned that if it really was a cop then what can the consequentness be?

He likely got your plate unless it's rigged and I assumed it's not or you wouldn't be concerned.

Ok so the cop will know the owner of the bike, but now will need to prove you were riding it.
If you were far from your home when this happened with any luck the cop will not go threw the bother.

Someone would have knocked on your door already. I think u good.
sure the badge is the #1 id for off duty cops.

Last edited:
If the guys is not in a cop car or cop uniform Id just drive to the nearest cop station. That should let you know if it is a real cop or not.

If the guys is not in a cop car or cop uniform Id just drive to the nearest cop station. That should let you know if it is a real cop or not.
If you know the area.
what if that route is not your commute route. For how long u want him behind u?

He got your plate.
Takes two minutes to get all your info.
They like to act fast.
But he never saw your face.
It would be difficult for him to say that u drove the bike that night.

A plain clothes officer has the same power as a uniform.

The key is if they properly identify themselves as a police officer.

If they flash a badge and you run, there could be consequences.

But, it really depends on if it's worth the effort of the cop to pursue the matter any further.

Maybe there were off duty? Maybe there were in the middle of something else?

Is it worth their time to follow up because you weren't sure if they were indeed a cop and toon off?

Was it a noise violation or something more severe to make it worth the cops time?

Time will only tell.

My brother and I got into it with an off duty cop a few years ago. The guy cut my brother off and my brother expressed his displeasure. The OD cop pretty much forced my brother off the road and pushed his badge into my brother's face. I was a little behind them and pulled over to assist my brother. He pointed at me and said "get back in your f'n car". I said "you better get the hell back into your car, a-hole or you are about to have a huge problem". I'm 6' 2" and 240lbs. I usually don't have to put up with anyone's crap.

He started on about assaulting a peace officer, etc., and I said "well, let's kick your *** and see what happens". He sheepishly made his way back to his car, where his family was waiting. "I've got your plate number", he said. "And I've got your personal plate number", I told him. I never heard anything after that. The thing is, this was in Aurora and I'll bet that he wasn't even York Region.

Ya i am not to worried about but if someone does knock on my door I would like to be somewhat familiar with what could happen.

You can simply say that the person did not properly identify themselves and did not produce any identification. If they want to charge you, they will. If it's been days since the incident happened, then you likely won't hear anything.

Back
Top Bottom