Prince Edward County | GTAMotorcycle.com

Prince Edward County

TK4

PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY, Ont. - Two motorcycle riders have been killed and three other people badly injured in a collision in Prince Edward County in southeastern Ontario.
The OPP say eight motorcycles were travelling together in the eastbound lane of the Loyalist Parkway yesterday afternoon when a westbound Mazda Miata crossed the road and collided head-on with three of the bikes.
Police say two motorcycle riders were pronounced dead at the scene.
Three other people — the driver and a passenger in the car and another motorcyclist — were taken to hospital with serious to life-threatening injuries.
Investigators are asking anyone who witnessed the accident to contact the OPP's Prince Edward County detachment.
The names of the victims are being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were there yesterday in a group of 5 . I'm wracking my brain trying to remember if we saw them,there weren't too many groups out at all. Maybe the OPP that carded me on a group smoke break should have talked to the Miata driver instead. Our prayers are with the riders and families.

Loyalist Parkway is that the entrance way for the sandbanks? A couple of real tight corners there.

RIP & GWS riders

I was there yesterday as well. Ate at the Acoustic Grill (highly recommended). I did pass at least two groups of about that size, probably one of them was the victim. RIP to the riders... very sad day for their families. Surprised to hear of PEC cops carding... but it's become more and more policed since the mid-1980s. I grew up there and moved out in 1987. PEC's biggest export is its youth.

How unbelievably awful. (Eighty-three? I had assumed drunk, but it was worse than that.)

RIP and speedy recovery to all.

RIP to riders and driver

Back
Top Bottom