Who went to the Rider's Choice Sale? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who went to the Rider's Choice Sale?

Akad3m1kz

Quite the disappointment. Sale? come on, it was very unorganized. Most of the staff didn't know what was on sale! There were no markings and you literally had to ask a staff member to see if the product your purchasing we either getting 10-20-30-40% off.

Rode there with a couple of buddies wasted all of our time.

Quite the disappointment. Sale? come on, it was very unorganized. Most of the staff didn't know what was on sale! There were no markings and you literally had to ask a staff member to see if the product your purchasing we either getting 10-20-30-40% off.

Rode there with a couple of buddies wasted all of our time.

And yet some members here still want to sing the same " support local shop" song.

When they close down they will blame online shoppers..... As usual

I thought I was the only one that couldn't find the sale stuff. I was there with my son and we could only see the bonus bucks stuff. All the signs looked the same.

This is why Harley Davidson has taken corporate control of their stores. They were fed up with small-time bad businessmen selling their product. I think I can count about 2, maybe 3 well run Jap dealerships in Toronto, North America's 5th largest city. Ridiculous.

I was there, they had stickers on items that were on sale. unfortunately what i wanted wasnt on sale so ill hold off.
debated getting the new pitbull tire support but decided against it.

on a regular week mon-friday this shop is packed, ordering parts, bringing bikes in and out of the shop like crazy.
i support local whenever i can. and riders is always my go 2 shop. i cant complain with their prices and their helpful staff.

The place is around the corner from me . The owner is goof from way back Mcbride days .

Screwed me on a pair of boots . Lost out on many purchases I have made elsewhere .

And yet some members here still want to sing the same " support local shop" song.

Depends on you expectations, I guess. I've always managed to get equal (or better) pricing on most of the accessories I've bought over the years (McBrides, Rider's Choice, Pro6 and Parker Brothers). Checked with online sources to compare too, so no off-key singing from this quarter. Bigger Revzilla-style businesses will always win the inventory game if you want a specific item. Being a "local shop" myself, I've done my best to support similar individuals if it's clear they're trying. Mind you, I don't need the latest, greatest of anything.

Was surprised with a recent purchase though. The shop was pretty cagey about admitting to any return policy on a product purchased a few days earlier. They suggested I check the manufacturer's website for help. That's not customer service by any stretch of the imagination. It prompted me to go online alright--to Canada's Motorcycle. Their return policy was clearly stated and surprisingly generous. The one real advantage of bricks & mortar locations is being able to try stuff out and make quick exchanges if need be. Once that door gets closed, good luck.

I just waited two weeks trying to get two helmet bags that I wanted, they were being orderd from the U.S. It was a group buy so why not. I got my money back today, walked into Royal at 10:30 and walked out with two helmet bags. I should have known better. Heck I saved myself $10 per bag and got to spend some time with my son walking around a bike shop.

Had that been somthing I needed to race last weekend what would I have done, missed the first round? When you need somthing ASAP online isn't an option. One day you'll figure it out.

Oh I also bought my current suit from RC. I was in and out within an hour and got exactly what I wanted for a good price. I guess I could have dropped $1200 online and hoped it fit or returned it when it didn't then hopefully get it right the second time. That sounds like fun.

Last edited:
My first experience with them this year wasn't the greatest either. Went in for a quote on some spring maintenance
- oil change (with my filter)
- for seals (also gave them the seals)
- tire change (my tires)
- suspension adjustment
- clutch cable and throttle adjustment
Was told 450-500$ for everything. Ready Honda quoted me 600$ for all this.

Fast forward 2 weeks later when I bring the bike and the same guy quotes me 700$. I challenge that and he asks me if I have the original quote written on paper and signed by him. Bold move on his part. I was ****** but wanted the bike done so left it there. A week later they call me to tell me my clutch cover is leaking and thats another 200$.

In the end a 450-500 quote was 900$. I dont think ill be giving them business anytime soon. Seems like a nice shop and full of product, but customer service is terrible.

I just waited two weeks trying to get two helmet bags that I wanted, they were being orderd from the U.S. It was a group buy so why not. I got my money back today, walked into Royal at 10:30 and walked out with two helmet bags. I should have known better. Heck I saved myself $10 per bag and got to spend some time with my son walking around a bike shop.

Had that been somthing I needed to race last weekend what would I have done, missed the first round? When you need somthing ASAP online isn't an option. One day you'll figure it out.

Oh I also bought my current suit from RC. I was in and out within an hour and got exactly what I wanted for a good price. I guess I could have dropped $1200 online and hoped it fit or returned it when it didn't then hopefully get it right the second time. That sounds like fun.
thats one thing about gear, unless ive tried it on i wont buy it. all boots fit different, same with jackets, gloves and helmets.
i have 2 or 3 jackets that i wear a large (icon, speed and strength and something else...cant remember offhand..one may be a xl) and then my Shift leather is a XXL and it fits tighter than all the others.
some parts you can order online if you dont mind waiting, but im with ya on this one, when you need something right away

My first experience with them this year wasn't the greatest either. Went in for a quote on some spring maintenance
- oil change (with my filter)
- for seals (also gave them the seals)
- tire change (my tires)
- suspension adjustment
- clutch cable and throttle adjustment
Was told 450-500$ for everything. Ready Honda quoted me 600$ for all this.

Fast forward 2 weeks later when I bring the bike and the same guy quotes me 700$. I challenge that and he asks me if I have the original quote written on paper and signed by him. Bold move on his part. I was ****** but wanted the bike done so left it there. A week later they call me to tell me my clutch cover is leaking and thats another 200$.

In the end a 450-500 quote was 900$. I dont think ill be giving them business anytime soon. Seems like a nice shop and full of product, but customer service is terrible.
im not going to try to justify any shops rates but:

- oil change (with my filter) - riders sells Motul oil, $40-50 alone..plus labor..not sure what any shops charge for oil changes to be honest.
- for seals (also gave them the seals) - $ive seen online quotes of 250-450 for just this
- tire change (my tires) - if you bring your own tires i believe riders is $40 per tire, if you bought them from them its $40 or $50 flat
- suspension adjustment - $60-80
- clutch cable and throttle adjustment - depends on the bike and if its being adjusted at the lever or at the clutch case.

i couldnt even imagine what labor costs i would have in my bike if i took it to the shop for everything ive ever done/needed, youve got to keep in mind with SS's the majority of the body has to come off to do some of the most basic work. if someone has cheap aftermarket fairings taking them off and putting them on without breaking a tab or cracking them isnt easy and can be very time consuming.

I did.

I had no clue what was on sale, and when asking the sale staff, they had no clue either or just mentioned they would have to take it up with the boss. If there truly was a sale, they weren't very good at advertising it in the store.

Canada's Motorcycle return policy is fantastic. I ordered stuff to try on, sent it back to get the right size. Easy as can be.
I've received stuff the next day if I order it early enough in the day. Free shipping for orders over $50.

Canada's Motorcycle return policy is fantastic. I ordered stuff to try on, sent it back to get the right size. Easy as can be.
I've received stuff the next day if I order it early enough in the day. Free shipping for orders over $50.
but its not free for you to ship it back to them...correct me if im wrong but thats on you.

Back
Top Bottom