Motorcycle wont move in gear when i let the clutch out. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle wont move in gear when i let the clutch out.

MadMax

Hi i am new to this forum. I was riding then I shifted into neutral on a red light.. Everything was fine I didn't hear any noise from shifting from 1 to N... Then I tried shifting in first and let go of the clutch. The motorcycle wont move when I let the clutch out. The bike goes into every single gear but wont move when i let the clutch out.. When the bike is in gear and i let go of the clutch the bike wont stall and it wont go ahead. The bike rolls in even in gear with the clutch out

Motorcycle 2009 Hyosung Gt250r

:sad2::crybaby: Please help. The clutch is the problem?

Something has failed in the clutch assembly or the rear wheel cush drive - take it to a shop.

Either that or the chain has fallen off/broken but I think you would notice that ?

yea the chain is fine.. i am thinking of taking the clutch assembly apart and try to do it myself. IF the rear wheel cush drive has gone bad there is a delay in the acceleration but not the complete lose of power right?

yea the chain is fine.. i am thinking of taking the clutch assembly apart and try to do it myself. IF the rear wheel cush drive has gone bad there is a delay in the acceleration but not the complete lose of power right?

Its likely the clutch - pull the cover off and have a look, you have nothing to lose ?

yea! doing that atm i also noticed that my oil is very black and its really low. so it might be the oil. i am going to reassemble the clutch and change my oil. i will keep you posted if i was able to fix it or find anything that's wrong with the clutch.

I would ensure that the clutch lever is moving when pulling and releasing the clutch. Could it be that it is not retuning. I had a Yamaha raptor that did this once, cable jammed not letting the clutch engage.

So hard to find parts for hyosung in toronto.. when i removed the clutch it smelled like it was burned... the previous owned told me he changed the oil but the oil was really bad. i am thinking if i should change the clutch to see if the problem is fixed or take it to a shop.

So hard to find parts for hyosung in toronto.. when i removed the clutch it smelled like it was burned... the previous owned told me he changed the oil but the oil was really bad. i am thinking if i should change the clutch to see if the problem is fixed or take it to a shop.

Motorcycle City in Richmond Hill is a dealer: http://www.motorcyclecityinc.ca/ maybe give them a call.

So i was able to figure out what my problem was. the clutch and transmission everything was fine. Front sprocket nut was really lose. i cannot believe i removed the whole clutch 3 times and didn't check the front sprocket. There was no oil spill near the sprocket so i never thought that would be a problem.

Thanks for the help guys

So i was able to figure out what my problem was. the clutch and transmission everything was fine. Front sprocket nut was really lose. i cannot believe i removed the whole clutch 3 times and didn't check the front sprocket. There was no oil spill near the sprocket so i never thought that would be a problem.

Thanks for the help guys
No pics? How were the teeth on the shaft and on the inside of the sprocket, not all chewed up?

I'd recommend you sell the bike while it still runs.

My mechanic told me rear shock is gone and i need a new rear shock. Its sort of bouncy. Not stiff like other sport bike. Or is that the same for your bike ? When i try to sit on it and try to put presure and jump it bounces. Not sure if thats normal for hyosugs.

No pics? How were the teeth on the shaft and on the inside of the sprocket, not all chewed up?

they were all chewed up i was in the hurry so i forgot to take pics and now i cant find where i put the old sprocket. because they were chewed up the sprocket was almost out. I installed a washer and a Nut lock so it doesn't get lose now.. i am going to keep it for couple of weeks and sell it lol

I know this thread is really old but I’m going through the same thing. I replaced my clutch plates and it did nothing. I saw this thread and checked my front sprocket. The nut and washer came off completely. I must not have secured them well enough when I replaced the sprockets last year. I need to source parts and there’s no fast way for that. It took a couple weeks to get the clutch parts from Korea. Whygostock.com has them, but last time I ordered from them it took even longer. US mail is awful.

Back
Top Bottom