New R3 female rider - near Kennedy Commons | GTAMotorcycle.com

New R3 female rider - near Kennedy Commons

Hotrice

Hi everyone!

So I recently passed the M2 test with Riders Training Institute.
Bought the Yamaha-YZR3 and have been practicing every chance I get.
anyone else want to practice with a noob like me? I've made it out of the parking lot just a bit nervous when there's a lot of traffic :shock:

Samantha :)

Congrats! Parking lots and neighbourhood streets are great to practice on. I'm always down for a ride and I'm a noob myself, only a year experience.

Let et me know when you want to ride and where you're located.

Thanks!
i love it... Was a little nervous at first since I'm on my tippy toes but I think I'm getting use to it

Hi there, I am a experienced rider looking to ride with people in a group if you like we could hook up in milton i know some good riding roads through the country qwe could take let me know !

I'm going for a ride now; let me know if you're interested? I am near Kennedy and 401... McCowan and 401, that is!

b6af54d59029f2a6f0651573e0e09624.jpg

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Welcome!

Just a fyi for when you feel ready, if you are looking for a group to ride with there's Origins on Facebook...lots on 250s/300s, in and around the Toronto area:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/599320063427263/

There's also Twisted Throttle Sportsbike Riders on MeetUp, however they like to do longer rides, and most are on much larger bikes. That said, I've still rode with them a number of times in the past, when I still had my CBR250RA. They also do have newbie rides every now and then, which are even M1 friendly:

http://www.meetup.com/Twisted-Throttle-Sportbike-Riders/

Last edited:
Welcome!

Just a fyi for when you feel ready, if you are looking for a group to ride with there's Origins on Facebook...lots on 250s/300s, in and around the Toronto area:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/599320063427263/

There's also Twisted Throttle Sportsbike Riders on MeetUp, however they like to do longer rides, and most are on much larger bikes. That said, I've still rode with them a number of times in the past, when I still had my CBR250RA. They also do have newbie rides every now and then, which are even M1 friendly:

http://www.meetup.com/Twisted-Throttle-Sportbike-Riders/

thanks! Will practice more before I start doing group rides.

CONGRATS on the R3 - my fav bike - would have got one if it had ABS so good on you :) I just went for my second long ride today (45 min away) and was nervous the whole way there...wind is a killer! until my boyfriend was like "relax your arms...dont be so tense...let your legs hug the bike and keep your core tight - abs/legs) the ride home was so much better, I felt way more relaxed and in control and I just wanted to keep riding! I'm totally still nervous around cars/traffic - Im starting to notice all of the idiots on the road...I've joined origins - hoping to get out for a group ride once or twice this season :)

Safe practicing!

CONGRATS on the R3 - my fav bike - would have got one if it had ABS so good on you :) I just went for my second long ride today (45 min away) and was nervous the whole way there...wind is a killer! until my boyfriend was like "relax your arms...dont be so tense...let your legs hug the bike and keep your core tight - abs/legs) the ride home was so much better, I felt way more relaxed and in control and I just wanted to keep riding! I'm totally still nervous around cars/traffic - Im starting to notice all of the idiots on the road...I've joined origins - hoping to get out for a group ride once or twice this season :)

Safe practicing!
Lol Mala,

I'm the same!! Super nervous around traffic and slow speeds like parking lots. I've been practicing every chance I get. I'm on day 5 lol... Still have a ways to go.
Those are good tips! I'll try to follow them :)

Congrats on the new bike! Just get out there and ride, time in the saddle is the only way to build confidence. Empty parking lots (school just ended) are great to practice skills at low speeds too. Have fun!

Hey,

I'm a new rider myself and am always down for a ride! If you want to go on a sweet ride Saturday morning, let me know... can leave around 8am or so from Kennedy Commons and can ride for a couple hours... LMK.

Safe riding!

Kunal

Back
Top Bottom