What is your longest ride? Km / Time | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is your longest ride? Km / Time

900+ coming back from PA last year in about 14 hours. Lots of stopping the first couple hours then burned home. I was in agony by the time I got back, even with a gel pad. Still searching for the magic seat that will let me break 1000km.

I did a big loop from Kingston up through Algonquin park and back last summer on a whim. I was in Bancroft and it was a gorgeous day and so I thought "why not". I think it took me about 11+ hours with stops here and there and was 800kms. I had an airhawk seat with a beadrider on top and it was oddly very comfy if not a bit tall. The only big highway I took was 40 mins or so from Bellville back to K Town on the 401. Saw a moose and plenty of deer. Brilliant day and the highlight of last season. So much so that I'm trying to plan a ride down to Florida but I don't have too many consecutive days off to really enjoy it just yet.

13 gsxr. Stock seat. Just over 1200 km in one go with gas stops and once for lunch. I didn't find it bad at all.

I've had my share of long rides, such as:
Mississauga to Pigeon Forge, TN in one day: https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Miss...m2!1d-83.5543329!2d35.7884241!2m2!1b1!2b1!3e0
Saint John New Brunswick to Mississauga: https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Sain...bed75966db!2m2!1d-79.6441198!2d43.5890452!3e0

But the most grueling trip I've ever done was Yogyakarta to Jakarta in Indonesia on a 1998 Honda 2000 (200cc bike).
https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Yogy...1d106.822745!2d-6.1744651!2m2!1b1!2b1!3e0!5i1
Only around 700km the route I took (past some volcanoes, then to the coast), however bikes are not allowed on the freeways in Indonesia, so it was town after town, traffic jam after traffic jam, very slow and very dirty diesel trucks, and finally a 3 hour traffic jam from Bekasi to Jakarta. It took me around 17 hours. Even though lane splitting and filtering are the norm there, the traffic still slows you down and takes a lot out of you when doing it for hours on end.

Worst was 1000km+ back from PA in the rain, on a SS, late September a few years back...

Misery... all I wanted to do was get home.

Three countries in a day. Woke up in France, rode to the coast, took a ferry to Dover, (yes the cliffs are white) rode across Britian caught a ferry out of Wales, (how do they fit all those letters on the road signs?), landed in Ireland and rode down to Waterford. A little more than 25 hours I think. Two up on a 450 airhead. Good times for sure.

About 1250 kms, did a giant loop from the GTA to huntstville to barrys bay to ottawa to kingston and back to toronto, but took a very indirect route and stayed off the big highways and hit the lesser known roads. I think I rode from like 9am until 2am, with some breaks. All on a gsxr 600.

I did a similar ride to this last summer on an R6 with my lady on the back, tank bag and panniers. Same reason I need a Super Tenere ES lol. My back was F'ed up the next day.

Spartanburg, South Carolina to London, Ontario. October 2013. 1300km approx. 13hr. Including 1/2 hour stop at a gas station to warm up in Michigan 4 Degree Celsius so was a bit cold and the border crossing delay. Traffic was flowing well for the whole grip back. 2010 1400GTR

I've only done Toronto to Ottawa on my 125 2 stroke.

Back
Top Bottom