State Farm Agent on Drugs?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

State Farm Agent on Drugs??

Old Suzy

Site Supporter
Just sold my M50 assuming the buyer can get insurance. His state farm agent just told him that a Suzuki M50 is on the prohibited list. He is over 25 clean driving record and he just sold a Gixxer. She quoted him something is the 3k range.
How the heck can a V-Twin cruiser be on State Farms prohibited list.
Does state farm do harley, vstars, shadows or are they considered prohibited. I suspect the agent is somehow really messed up but maybe someone can shine some light on this strange situation.

3K for a bike that has 42hp... somebody is confused, that's for sure. State Farm does not have a "prohibited list", and if they did the M50 would not be on it.

I'm going to say the buyer is speaking of All State, and not State Farm.

I'm going to say the buyer is speaking of All State, and not State Farm.

Could be, but in any case I had him call Ronn at Dalton Timmins. Just informed my that he got a great rate.

Some companies have IMO retarded views of risks. They charge based on cc's only. A heavy Goldwing with a mature rider is in their opinion a higher risk than a squid on a liter bike. Shop around. Somewhere there might be intelligent life on the planet.

Some companies have IMO retarded views of risks. They charge based on cc's only. A heavy Goldwing with a mature rider is in their opinion a higher risk than a squid on a liter bike. Shop around. Somewhere there might be intelligent life on the planet.

Yeah I agree the whole risk profile for motorcycles seems skewed but from what I recall reading older riders and I assume they are on heavier bikes are crashing more frequently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they get enough claims on those bikes, they may put them on the list anyways.

I've had two bikes insured with a company who later said they wouldn't insure them.

One was a 1000 cc Concours, and the other was an 1100 cc Magna.
Neither is a Supersport.

Each company has their own niche in the motorcycle market, that's why you have to shop around a little more, especially in Canada.

I would say it was Allstate... they are retarded IMO.

Sometimes an insurance company's cluelessness works to your advantage. This is a big part of why many people used Allstate in the first place, I think. State Farm isn't clueless, they just decided to keep their rating mechanism simple for whatever reason.

i'd bet the agent misclicked on a drop down and likely ended up clicking on m109r?

i'd bet the agent misclicked on a drop down and likely ended up clicking on m109r?

Me thinks this too.

Statefarm does its compilations for insurance rates based on CC.. IE a harley weighing 1000 lbs has a 1600 CC motor will be shelling out LOTS of cash.

They wanted 400 dollars a month for my 942 CC motor (yamaha VSTAR 950). 275 dollars more a month than my old GSXR-600.

When questioned about it, they said it wasnt because of the style of bike. it was because of the engine size, and that's how they calculate it.

Statefarm does its compilations for insurance rates based on CC.. IE a harley weighing 1000 lbs has a 1600 CC motor will be shelling out LOTS of cash.

They wanted 400 dollars a month for my 942 CC motor (yamaha VSTAR 950). 275 dollars more a month than my old GSXR-600.

When questioned about it, they said it wasnt because of the style of bike. it was because of the engine size, and that's how they calculate it.

SF wanted to charge me more for my sportster than my busa. :/

Yup my insurance actually doubled when I went from a 600CC SS to my current 1500CC Cruiser with State Farm. That being said they are still cheaper then everyone else I called.

Yup my insurance actually doubled when I went from a 600CC SS to my current 1500CC Cruiser with State Farm. That being said they are still cheaper then everyone else I called.

Do you have a crap record? A cruiser should be cheaper on any company other than SF.

Do you have a crap record? A cruiser should be cheaper on any company other than SF.

Nope perfect record (knock on wood). I think it's just the fact I was paying around $60 a month for a SS which is really good. Another likely reason is the cruiser since it is newer is also worth more money which would effect replacement costs.

If SF quoted this for an M109R even, I would run.. I looked at one, checked with TD and they quoted me around $700 per year.

SF wanted to charge me more for my sportster than my busa. :/

I ride a cbr 1000 and pay about 120 a month through state farm since i was 25. Im 28. For some reason the Rc8 is the cheapest superbike by quite a bit to insure despite it having almost 300 cc on me. I guess they base it on CC except when they don't lol.

I ride a cbr 1000 and pay about 120 a month through state farm since i was 25. Im 28. For some reason the Rc8 is the cheapest superbike by quite a bit to insure despite it having almost 300 cc on me. I guess they base it on CC except when they don't lol.
Maybe they aren't too smart and think it's only 800cc like I did until this comment got me to look it up.

Can confirm this, I got quoted 10k per year on a yamaha bolt (900cc cruiser), and 5000 on an r6 when i first started riding. Both a ****ing insane. Went with a GW250 because it was the only thing i could afford at the time (2500 per year). Its been a year, and I swapped to another insurance provider. Now im paying 1700 a year on my GW250. Still retarded, but until i turn 25 next year, its the best I can do.

Back
Top Bottom