Is there a Pan Am ticket sales update? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is there a Pan Am ticket sales update?

I see speed skating on roller blades and roller skate figure skating are pan am events, how is this stuff not on a waiting list for tickets................

Maybe if it was Rollerball.....

so my 8yr old stepdaughter was telling me all about these Pan Am games, with her 13 yr old brother piping in at times. I let them tell me all about it, what sports are being played etc. etc. This is stuff that the obviously learned at school....I let them ramble on for a bit, then asked them what "Pan Am" stood for...stumped them ...then I asked them what countries would be participating....stumped them again.

our education system at work

I really dont give a crap about most of the olympic sports, winter, summer, pan am whatever. Really why the **** did a ton of money have to be spent on these venues when there are some great natural outdoor places to hold much more exciting competitions. I would have been way more interested to see a race at albion hills than the milton velodrome races. Hold the swimming and diving event at niagra falls.

I really dont give a crap about most of the olympic sports, winter, summer, pan am whatever. Really why the **** did a ton of money have to be spent on these venues when there are some great natural outdoor places to hold much more exciting competitions. I would have been way more interested to see a race at albion hills than the milton velodrome races. Hold the swimming and diving event at niagra falls.
Too much people would get a free view

there is a metric crapload of tickets that have been comp'd to sponsors and volunteers and many corporate purchases that may go to people that will not attend an event.
I will be very scared to hear the numbers in dollars of what this gong show cost, and like most we will never get a straight answer. There will be the "massive revenue streaming" stories of value to the city,
But 50 new remote weather stations installed by Environment Canada at the venues so real time weather can be tracked, don't want to be caught sitting on a pony in a lightning storm, what ever happened to just looking up?

Did you knuckleheads just sell, or more likely give away, the left lane of the 401 to some conglomerate?

Didn't you learn anything from selling the 407?

No wonder you're always complaining about traffic.

I have tickets for two events. Meh, I actually like some of the venues that got built. OH no, they "wasted" my tax money on some sport venues that I MIGHT ACTUALLY USE, instead of a bunch of services that I have no use for. If you ask me this country doesn't invest enough into sports/athletics, as is. And I rather watch some of the olympic/pan am sports than 90% of the popular sports like baseball or even, gasp, hockey, so sue me.

I don't get the need for the country to invest in sport. I'm financing some guys dream for 8-10 yrs to be fast in a bobsled? ski jumping? Im funding an equestrian team? and paying for atheletes to live in nice apts and run fast? I like sports, I play sports . I pay for my sports. National pride ? ok. getting fat kids off the couch? well they should play soccer not watch it. If we didn't have a national team would local kids soccer collapse?

So the rumour is that the Hamilton stadium is pretty much ready................except they forgot to put in drinking fountains. BYOW

I'm in for the beach volly ball,:agave:. Maybe we should vote in timed laps at mosport as an olympic sport, maybe that would spike your interest.

There are events that don't require tickets!!! you can watch the marathon by standing on the road side watching a pack go past at a blistering 4-6km pace . And you can go watch the sailing. Dingys three miles offshore at 5-7kts of speed, riveting entertainment. Let me know if you ever figure out the bouy room inside the three boat circle at the windward mark rule......
free? they should pay spectators to watch sailing.

beach volly ball,:agave:........... would spike your interest.

I see what you did there.:angel2: Thanks for making my day.

I have tickets for two events. Meh, I actually like some of the venues that got built. OH no, they "wasted" my tax money on some sport venues that I MIGHT ACTUALLY USE, instead of a bunch of services that I have no use for. If you ask me this country doesn't invest enough into sports/athletics, as is. And I rather watch some of the olympic/pan am sports than 90% of the popular sports like baseball or even, gasp, hockey, so sue me.

This.

The best part is that they built the new facilities across the GTA so that several communities could benefit from the Pan Am games, both from new facilities that will be part of a lasting post-game legacy, and from the tourist dollars that will go to local business in those several communities.

Up to this minute, I did not care about buying a ticket. After reading this thread, I went to check out Ticketmaster. I am disappointed that all the soccer games are going to be in Hamilton. All of them. Too far for me, considering that I would have to drive and spend 2 hours in traffic to get there.

Also disappointing, the beach volleyball matches (at the so call Chevrolet Centre) have no details of the countries playing!! Would you buy tickets blindly like that? Of course not. I want tickets to the women matches involving Brazil, where is the calendar so I can correlate with Ticketmaster website? Why make it so hard to figure it out?

^ Isn't which country playing determined by who beats whom in the earlier rounds?

While those first rounds might have a predetermined schedule, nothing after that would. Kinda hard to predict when Brazil is playing when it's dependent on what happens.

Are you buying tickets for next year's Stanley Cup final when the Leafs will be playing in it :)

Back
Top Bottom