A Harely I'd ride... | GTAMotorcycle.com

A Harely I'd ride...

Is that a rabbit?

I honestly like the LiveWire. Too bad about the range, though

LiveWire? Now I want to put on some classic Mötley Crüe ?

How are the pirates going to be all bad ass without the potato potato?

Last edited:
It's a nice bike. I would buy one if they were under $10,000. But this is Harley Davidson and I expect more like $15-$20,000. Also not sure why they made it like a sport bike with integrated softail suspension. Anyway, if it could get me to work where I could plug it in, then get me back home it sure would be nice to get away from the gas bandits.

It's a nice bike. I would buy one if they were under $10,000. But this is Harley Davidson and I expect more like $15-$20,000. Also not sure why they made it like a sport bike with integrated softail suspension. Anyway, if it could get me to work where I could plug it in, then get me back home it sure would be nice to get away from the gas bandits.

You're wondering why it's a monoshock? What else do you thin kit should be?

So this is year two of Harley (Harely? Hardly?) carting around this mythical bike.
Meanwhile Zero Bikes can get up to 185 miles/charge and you can actually buy one with money.

[video=youtube;41c49BPCY_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41c49BPCY_w[/video]

Nice bikes, but it comes down to CBR250 performance for R1 prices.

The problem with Zeros is that they aren't even remotely cool. The marketing for that self-cleaning Phillips electric shaver got me more excited than anything I've ever read about the Zero

What ever happened to that electric superbike that was making some news about a year ago? That looked cool

What ever happened to that electric superbike that was making some news about a year ago? That looked cool

Mission bikes? -went broke.
Brammo -bought by Polaris.

The Lightening is now out, but big $$. The other one is the Italian Energica, also big $$.

There are good reasons why Honda and Yamaha have intensive electric bike research programs, but no bikes for sale, they are parking the technology until battery prices drop or new battery technology gets developed.
Next year, with the Tesla Mega plant, lithium battery prices will drop by half, which is what Harely is waiting for.
Magnesium sulphate cells are cheaper, more energy dense, lighter, but still far from mass production.
Honda has some stator patents that increase efficiency significantly between city and highway speeds.

You know what Harely won't admit from Livewire surveys? The large number of people who responded they would buy their first Harely if they made the Livewire with a decent small gas engine.

I bet you'll see the 500 or 750 engine in that design soon.

Back
Top Bottom